My Roommate is a Cat Episode 12 Review
The wild storm rages and Subaru is forced to take the train back home. Meanwhile he calls his friend to go and check on Haru. Alas, Haru escapes the house in a desperate attempt to find the strangely missing Subaru and so the search for Haru begins.
It is such a fitting final episode really to My Roommate is a Cat. With Subaru visiting the grave where the story began and he met Haru in the first place during his search, there’s a sense we’ve come full circle and yet we can also see how far Subaru has come as a character in the time we’ve spent with them. We also bring all the minor characters in on the search.
My favourite point was when Subaru was being rescued from the puddle and much like the child-Subaru was more concerned with saving his book from the water, adult-Subaru ensures Haru is lifted clear first. It is a touching and adorable moment made only cuter by the quiet moments once the two characters return to the house.
I very much look forward to writing a full review of this one and Subaru and Haru are adorable as roommates and hopefully one day they’ll continue to have adventures together but if not this is certainly a nice place to leave the two.
Thank-you for reading 100 Word Anime.
Join the discussion in the comments.
- My Roommate is a Cat Series Review
- Episode 1: Adopt a Kitten, It Could Save Your Life
- Episode 2: If I Sit On It, It’s Mine – So Says The Cat
- Episode 3: The Beginning of the Journey For The Cat and The Writer
- Episode 4: From One Person To Another – Must Be A Conspiracy
- Episode 5: This Week Witness Happy Sparkles From Pet Ownership
- Episode 6: The Awkward Cat Belongs With An Awkward Human
- Episode 7: Finding Value In The Unexpected and Uncontrollable
- Episode 8 and 9: Dreaming of the Past and Protecting the Present
- Episode 10: The Quiet Joy of Sharing a Meal
- Episode 11: The Overnight Trip That Awakens Emotions
- Episode 12: You Don’t Know What You Got Til It’s Gone
- Images from: My Roommate is a Cat. Dir. K Suzuki. Zero-G. 2019.
8 thoughts on “You Don’t Know What You’ve Got ‘Til It’s Gone”
It’s funny how I nearly didn’t pick this one up but ended up looking forward to it every week more than most shows this season. 🙂
Still a dog lover though… 😛
I wasn’t expecting much from it based on the set up but I ended up really having fun each week with this one. It isn’t without its flaws, but it certainly managed to be consistently entertaining and overall fairly charming.
I really loved this episode. The way Subaru held Haru was so precious! I felt so much hope at the end of it!
It was a lovely ending and I really just appreciated this anime for what it was. It never over-reached and as a result felt really satisfying to watch.
The moment when Haru is being given a bath! That was an excellent comedic topper after the drama and tension! 😀
Nothing cuter than the look of disgust and fear on her face as they cover her in bubbles and then rinse.
It could be worse, Haru. It could be worse. 😉
I can’t really emphasise too much given my kitty loves water and sprinklers. They summon birds to the yard so my cat associates getting sprayed by the hose with play time and the potential of a good hunt. It also means she happily stands under taps in sinks or in showers.