Skull Face Book Seller Honda San Episodes 6 + 7 Review
Episodes 6 and 7 of Skull Face Book Seller Honda San don’t really deliver anything new in the way of material. We do get a look at some of the more behind the scenes people who keep the bookstores stocked and we also get to accompany Honda San as he goes to a drinking party and is forced to listen to criticism of his own work, but basically this is business as usual for this anime short.
And why shouldn’t it be? The formula works as we are introduced to the set up and then we see the characters run about doing their jobs with ridiculously overblown reactions before the segment ends and a new one begins. While it doesn’t leave much of a lasting impression, it remains amusing enough.
Though, I think a lot of people are definitely just in this for the game of spot the reference that never seems to get old. Episode six certainly liberally peppered in titles that you’ll probably recognise in amongst the store talk.
There is one thing that this show absolutely nails every time though; and that is a deep love of books. Multiple times throughout the episodes Honda or another character reminds us that some people just love books. Just finding a book you’ve been looking for can bring a happy smile to your face and holding it in your hands can be the best moment, at least for a little while. It is very hard to dismiss an anime that really does understand people who like books.
Thanks for reading
Consider supporting the blog by:
Or, use one of my product affiliate links.
Gaikotsu Shotenin Honda San (Anime)Intro/Outro Themes
- Episode 1 – Just Your Everyday Bookstore
- Episode 2 – Too Many Books in the Bookstore
- Episode 3 – Sales People and Recommendations
- Episode 4 – We’ve All Been There
- Episode 5 – Overcoming the Trials and Tribulations of the Bookshop
- Episodes 6 + 7 – What Happens When Our Skeleton Bookseller Leaves the Bookshop
- Episode 8 – The People You Meet At The Bookshop
- Episode 9 – Book-lovers Can Relate To The Pain in Honda-San This Week
- Episode 10 – Were You Considering a Job in the Bookstore?
- Episode 11 – Bored at The Bookstore? Just Add Monsters
- Episode 12 – Tis The Season To Be Jolly and Wear Funny Hats
2 thoughts on “What Happens When Our Skeleton Bookseller Leaves the Bookshop?”
Indeed, it’s a wonderful thing to have an anime celebrate people’s love of reading and books themselves!
I’ve got to say, though, that I really enjoyed episode 4’s foray into the outside world. I’ve been to that same training session repeatedly, where you’re forced-fed complete BS by probably the ONLY person in the entire universe who believes in it, who then honestly–honestly, mind you!–can’t understand why none of you get it. I laughed so hard. . .
Yes, anyone who has ever endured some kind of company training would totally understand that feeling.