I’m going to be honest and say that I found looking through the titles on MAL for release in the next season a little uninspiring. There’s a lot of sequels and quite a lot of those are for shows I either didn’t watch or for shows that I’m not really in the market for a part two (such as Fairy Gone). With such slim pickings I may very well end up watching the second half of Alicization, and I’ll probably find it every bit as frustrating as part one was and even season 2 of Granblue Fantasy isn’t sounding like such a terrible idea in light of some of the descriptions.
Then again, until shows start you never know what they’ll be like. Regularly what looks good as a synopsis ends up being terrible or something that sounds bland is actually quite interesting, so I guess I’ll wait and see. Still, here’s my preliminary list of shows I’m curious about, and in the grand tradition of my looking forward to something I bet they’ll either not be released on services I use or will be pretty bad on delivery. Here’s hoping they actually are fun.
Number 5: Didn’t I Say To Make My Abilities Average in My Next Life
Having completed the first four novels of this series fairly recently, while this one wasn’t a story I really felt needed an anime or felt would be particularly good as an anime, with so few other titles grabbing my attention this one has not got my interest. If it captures the tone of the narration it could be really fun but if it just goes through the motions of the plot it is going to be pretty flat so I guess we’ll see how they adapt it. Fingers crossed it isn’t as butchered as Arifureta was.
Number 4: Assassins Pride
I’ve legitimately no idea about this one. Apparently based on a light novel but it isn’t one I’ve seen talked about and I haven’t really heard anything about the anime coming out either. The description on MAL doesn’t really help because it is a little confusing to read. That said, it still made me feel a little bit curious about this one and how it will play out and what the tone of the actual show will be. Then again, looking at the studio’s (EMT Squared) other works, I’m not really going to get my hopes all that high for this one.
Number 3: Pet
Okay, it is listed as mystery, supernatural and psychological so I guess I’m giving this one a go (assuming of course I actually have access to it). Still, the difficulty in tracking down any information on this one doesn’t exactly scream that it is going to be amazing. Not to mention the description makes it seem like the kind of story that can tie itself in knots pretty fast if not handled well, and given the studio was also responsible for Kokkoku which had a cool idea but wasn’t executed particularly well, there’s certainly cause for concern. Still, the idea of people controlling memories could be fascinating so I guess we’ll see where this one goes.
Number 2: Babylon
From a studio with almost no titles to its name, this thriller caught my attention with what seems like a fairly serious plot line. Of course I have to wonder how this will be executed and whether it ends up being a dry viewing experience or perhaps disjointed and frustrating, but I will admit I’m very curious about where it intends to go with this investigation.
Number 1: My Hero Academia 4
Yeah, it is the one sequel coming out that I actually am very excited for. As much as I felt season three was a less thrilling viewing experience than season 1 or 2, I still really like these characters and the world and season 3 certainly brought us some big character moments. Jumping back on board with season 4 is a no-brainer and I am definitely pumped for more of this series.
Over to you. What are you looking forward to in the new season?
Thanks for reading
100 Word Anime.
Would You Like To Read More?
- Top 5 Reasons To Watch Seasonal AnimeWhy watch seasonal anime? Here are 5 excellent reasons to get into seasonal anime viewing (with some down sides noted). I’m getting back into list writing.
- Top 5 Boys Love Anime I EnjoyedAfter finally getting to my review of Given I started wondering why I hadn’t done a list like this before. It occurred to me that the majority of Boys Love stories I’ve enjoyed have only come out in the last couple of years and so I probably wouldn’t have been able to put this list together previously. Anyway, here are my top 5 boys love anime that I enjoyed.
- Top 5 Moments I Realised Natsume Yuujinchou Is Actually Sometimes ScaryYou might be wondering why this sweet slice of life anime, Natsume Yuujinchou is getting featured in a month where I’m looking at spooky and creepy titles. Well, Natsume has well and truly earned his place here and let’s be real: sometimes life is scary, particularly when you can see yokai.
- Top 5 Creepy Anime OP’s and ED’sContinuing with the spooky October theme this week I’m counting down my favourite creepy anime OP’s and ED’s. These may or may not belong to creepy anime but the music certainly fits a horror story.
- Top 5 Creepy Monstrous Creatures In AnimeClosing in on Halloween it is once again time to bring out some spooky top 5 lists. This week I’m looking at the top 5 creepy monster-like creatures I’ve come across in anime. I’d love to know which monster you think is the creepiest that anime has ever bestowed upon us.
- Top 5 Jonah Moments From JormungandThe child soldier recruited by Koko the arms-dealer as a body guard has some really fantastic moments throughout the two seasons of Jormungand. Here I’m counting down my favourite five moments with Jonah. What are your favourites?