A huge thank you to David Allesio from Confessions of an Average Otaku. As much as I sometimes (okay often) don’t get around to responding to these blog awards, I really do appreciate being nominated. However, as always, we have some rules.
- Display the award logo.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and post a link to their blog.
- Answer the questions of the one who nominated you.
- Nominate 7-10 bloggers
- Ask them seven questions
- What’s your single, one favourite anime or author? You can only pick ONE!
Okay, I’m bad at this whole only pick one because it really depends on my mood. I love some Pratchett or Eddings though sometimes I’m in the mood for Bishop or Harding or even some V.C. Andrews. If I had to pick one, my most often re-read author would be David Eddings, though I’ve kind of moved away from his work over the last decade so probably it is just that I loved his novels as a teenager.
- What’s your favourite cartoon made in America (non-Anime)?
Um… probably Monsters’ Inc or the Incredibles.
- What’s your favourite place to visit?
Civilisation. When you live in a town with only a handful of shops and there’s no book store, no place to really buy DVD’s (or even socks), and there’s definitely no sushi, a visit to a town of reasonable size is greatly appreciated.
- Is getting nominated for something like this fun or a pain in the buns?
I really like the nomination. That doesn’t mean I always get around to responding because usually unless I respond right away I lose track of who nominated me and their questions, but I do enjoy these posts.
- Sports: Do you have a favourite or is your favourite None of the Above?
Growing up I really enjoyed dancing and netball. Now I’m more of a yoga kind of person mostly because it is fairly relaxing. That said, I’m just not that into sport.
- Are you a morning person, a night person, or other?
Definitely morning. No doubt about it.
- If you could write your own seventh question, what question would you write and what would the answer be?
I think that’s kind of cheating pushing the question back on me, but okay. What is the cutest thing in the world? A kitten doing that thing where they tilt their head sideways and look up at you.
No obligation to participate but I just want to give a shout out to the following bloggers.
I’m going to have a bit of fun this time and so my questions will probably seem a bit weird. Hope you have fun with them.
- You just found a portal to a new world, do you enter it willingly and why?
- Once on the other side of the portal (whether you entered willingly or not), you find yourself face to face with the thing that most annoys you. What is it?
- Finding yourself face to face with the thing that most annoys you, you decide that since you aren’t in our world you can react however you want. What do you do?
- While you are dealing with the annoying thing, a group of travellers approach. Who or what would you like in this group (no more than five)?
- One of the travellers attempts to stab you in the back. Who was it and why did they decide to attack you?
- You are saved from being stabbed. Did you save yourself or did someone have to rescue you?
- You decide you want to return home. Explain how you go about getting there.
Thanks for reading.
Consider supporting the blog by:
Or use one of my affiliate product links:
23 thoughts on “This Blog Is Apparently Really Neat”
Thanks for the nomination! Was Incredibles 2 everything your dream of in a sequel? I ask everyone who I find out like the series because, with such a long time between movies, I wonder if still had the same appeal.
I still haven’t seen the sequel. It wasn’t out at the cinema when I was near one and I don’t think it is out on DVD yet. That said, in the grand history of sequels, I tend to usually find them a little less thrilling than the originals. There are some exceptions but I’m not getting my expectations up too high for this one.
That is understandable but now you’ve made me even more curious of what you think of the movie.
And civilization is probably the best answer I’ve ever heard for that question!
Everyone else seems to be wanting to getaway form the hustle and bustle and find some peace and quiet. Peace and quiet I have, shopping, other than online, I really don’t. While I don’t like staying in cities for long periods, visiting and shopping up a storm is always a great break.
Thanks for the nomination!! Those are some interesting questions and I can’t wait to get round to answering them! Hopefully that will be soon! 😊
Hope you have fun and the questions aren’t too weird.
Thanks! I’ve never read Eddings but love Pratchett, so I’ll give him a try!
Eddings is more dry sarcasm – far more understated than Pratchett. Still, his trilogy the Elenium is pretty solid pseudo medieval fantasy with a great cast of characters. His earlier works are fine, but I found this trilogy was where it felt like writing style hit its stride.
Thanks for the recommendation!
Thank you very much Karandi 🙂
Thank so much for the nomination! (And of course congrats on your own! As always it’s well deserved😊). Okay….your questions are seriously cool…I have to find some time do this: they are just too much fun! 😊😊
Glad they aren’t too weird. Hope you enjoy.
Thanks for the nomination/shout-out. Your Qs are absolutely glorious. I can’t wait to do this. 😻😻
Looking forward to seeing the responses.
Those are some incredibly specific questions. Fun!
Sorry, I was in a weird mood at the time. Still, I think the answers could be fun.