Endro Episode 6 Review
I’m wondering if Endro really did just make me like a character that I’ve really not felt much connection to previously and did it through using a tired old character got sick trope. And yeah, it really did. This episode I really enjoyed finding out more about Mao and her life as a demon lord before the hero’s botched attempt at defeating her sent her back in time. It was also nice seeing her appreciate her students and their care of her.
There isn’t a whole lot to say about this pastel filled episode as the story is literally just Mao gets sick and in typical fashion has literally nothing in her house to eat and begins feeling sorry for herself when the hero’s party comes by and goes about cleaning up her house and preparing her a meal. It is all just sickly sweet and excessively optimistic and yet it manages to nicely round out Mao’s character. While we didn’t learn all that much new about her, this episode made it much easier to connect with her as a character and that was something I was kind of missing before.
Though, it really is evidence that you don’t need to reinvent the wheel to make something worth watching. While there isn’t really a single original point in this episode, they manage to deliver this fairly standard plot line in a way that makes it feel worth while and entertaining.
That said, kind of hoping for a bit more adventure in next week’s episode, but I kind of feel like this was one of the stronger mid-season episodes I’ve watched this week.
Or, use one of my product affiliate links.
How to Draw Digital Manga and Anime
- Endro Series Review
- Episode 1: Another Cute Girls Beat Demon With A Time-Warp Twist
- Episode 2: The Important Qualities Of An Adventurous Leader
- Episode 3: Now We’re Searching For Fortune and Glory – And Cats
- Episode 4: They Went On Vacation And Somehow Saved The World
- Episode 5: A Princess in Pursuit of Her Hero
- Episode 6: The Sickly Sweet With A Lot Of Heart
- Episode 7 and 8: The Princess, The Hero and Everyone Else
- Episode 9 and 10: Apparently They Do Grow on Trees
- Episode 11: Sometimes Endro Gets It Just Right
- Episode 12: A Time For Choices
- Images from: Endro! Dir. Kaori. Studio Gokumi. 2019.
3 thoughts on “The Sickly Sweet With A Lot Of Heart”
“they manage to deliver this fairly standard plot line in a way that makes it feel worth while and entertaining”
And really, what more can you ask? I know I complain about trope laden shows, but’s that often also a complaint about how they were assembled and delivered woodenly and without a spark of energy. That’s not the case here… Endro is often paint-by-numbers, but it’s done competently and with bright colors.
Competent with bright colours… I think I have my final review of this anime right there.