That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Episode 14 Review
The battle rages on, or more to the point Gelmud makes an appearance and berates the Orc Lord for taking too long to evolve into a demon lord. He then makes the mistake of attacking Gabiru and his comrades at which point Rimuru steps into the battle for the first time. Completely outclassed, Gelmud orders the Orc Lord to kills them with more or less predictable results when the loud yappy man tries to shout at monsters.
A fairly amusing end to Gelmud, a character who has been much spoken of but only appeared in few scenes, and one that does in fact achieve his wish of turning the Orc Lord into a Demon Lord (also clues Rimuru in that there is someone above Gelmud so plot direction for future given).
Now I wondered during the last episode whether Rimuru would handle the final battle or let the ogres get their revenge. Turns out they went with both, only despite the ogres (kijin) being super-powered, their attacks don’t have all that much of an impact on a ridiculously overpowered Orc Disaster (who names these things). So Rimuru does have to take up the fight.
To give credit where it is due, despite the two beings fighting being supremely overpowered, this fight didn’t devolve into bright lights smashing into each other as so many other stories might have taken it. Instead, we get a fairly entertaining battle where Rimuru lets the Great Sage take the reigns for awhile to inflict damage on the Orc Lord before it comes down to a contest of Starving vs Predator. I actually have to say I was pretty impressed with how this battle played out in the end.
That’s really all there was to this episode as it seems to tie up the arc nicely. The Ogres decide they are sticking by Rimuru and I’m not entirely sure what the orc army are doing now that they are no longer mindlessly following the Orc Lord but maybe we’ll get some loose ends tied up in the next episode. So while this was pretty predictable and we still don’t really have any reason to be concerned about anyone in this show, That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime remains relatively entertaining and managed to make the battle feel reasonable fresh.
Or, use one of my product affiliate links.
THAT TIME I GOT REINCARNATED AS A SLIME B2 WALL SCROLL: RIMURU & SHIZU
- Episode 1 – Strictly Set Up
- Episode 2 – So I Ate A Dragon and A Snake And A Bat Thing…
- Episode 3 – Submissive Wolves and Buff Goblins
- Episode 4 – Dwarven Blacksmiths and Giggling Elves
- Episode 5 – Past Wrongs and Future Destinies
- Episode 6 – The Importance of Pacing To Build Tension
- Episode 7 – Miraculous Survival of the Slime
- Episode 8 – 3 Ways Slime Is Exploring Endings and Beginnings
- Episode 9 – Watch The Slime Playing with Powers and Defeating Ogres
- Episode 10 – Slime, Ogres and Lizardmen; The Coming Conflict Looks Colourful
- Episode 11 – The Worst Way To Learn the Skill of Diplomacy
- Episode 12 – How Even The Best Laid Plans Can Be Derailed by Idiots
- Episode 13 – War: Crushing March of the Overpowered Monsters
- Episode 14 – The Fitting End of the Orc Lord Courtesy of the Slime
- Episode 15 – The Accidental Creation of a Slime Nation
- Episode 16 – Can You Catch More Demon Lords with Honey?
- Episode 17 – That Time The Powerful Slime Decided To Dabble in Diplomacy
- Episode 18 – The Slime, The Demon Lord and The Flying Sharks?
- Episode 19 – That Time We Defeated a Catastrophe Without Really Trying
- Episode 20 – Well It’s Been Fun, But Now We’ll Count Down Until The End
- Episode 21 – Who Would Have Thought That All You Need Is A Dog And Unlimited Power?
- Episode 22 – That Time We Found a Fairy Who is a Demon Lord?
- Episode 23 – That Time The Show Ended And The Audience Wondered Why?
- Episode 24 (Extra) – And Then Shizue Stole the Anime Right Out From Under Rimuru
- Episode 24.5 (Padding) – Now Worth The Slime
- Images from:
3 thoughts on “The Fitting End To The Orc Lord Courtesy of The Slime”
Slowly becoming more interested in this show from your reviews. . .might have to watch. . .
It started slowly (or at least I found it did), but it has definitely built on each development and right now I’m really quite enjoying it. It’s worth a shot but may take a bit to get in to.
And I’m OK with that. Thanks