Why did this have to end? Are we going to get a third season?
There is one major advantage of this show running at a slightly different time to Japanese seasonal anime. The season final occurred when most other anime are in a mid-season slump or still getting their momentum, so a final right now stands out and has even more impact than it might have had if it had to go up against a plethora of other season finals.
That isn’t to say that this isn’t a really great final episode in its own right, but with so many loose ends screaming for a season 3, it isn’t the most satisfying either. Essentially the Tanmoku family turn things on their head fro the Shinryuu family and Tanmoku Ki and You Keika make a real pact which apparently gives them some amazing powers but we’re not actually going to get to see them use it right now.
The confrontation itself ended in a fairly ordinary fashion and it is the emotional connections between the characters that are the real heroes of this episode and fortunately the show delivers. Whether it is the Keika and Tanmoku’s ongoing relationship, Jiun finally coming to terms with her jealousy and finding a new path to walk or the relationship between the brothers in the Shinryuu family, everything comes to a head and it does so in a glorious, if creepy in the case of the last one, fashion.
I’ll be doing a full series review of this shortly.
- Episode 11: Confrontation
- Episode 10: Clarity
- Episode 9: Shouken’s Reasons
- Episode 8: The Spirit, The Ceremony, and the Looming Disaster
- Episode 7: Cutting the String
- Episode 6: Bound to the Past
- Episode 5: We Always Knew Tanmoku’s Past Was Bleak
- Episode 4: What Does It Mean To Protect?
- Episode 3: Not Holding Back
- Episode 2: Keika is Incredibly Gullible But That’s What Makes Him Endearing
- Episode 1: Continuing From Where We Left Off
- Spiritpact Series Review
Thanks for reading.
Consider supporting the blog by: