Finishing Shouken’s memory walk and it seems things are about to get very intense in the present. This show continues to get better and better.
I really appreciate that this anime managed to show us Tanmoku’s past from his perspective with Keika looking in, and then showed us nearly the same sequence from Shouken’s perspective with Keika and Tanmoku looking in, and at no point did it feel repetitive, unnecessary or dull. It feels like every scene has added to our understanding of these characters and their relationships both then and now and realistically it has really helped to make me love them.
Admittedly, it kind of looks like we’re going for a spiritual smack-down type ending between families and meanwhile Tanmoku’s heart is just a little bit broken and Keika is probably still being manipulated, but I’d be lying if I didn’t say I was really having fun watching the drama play out. Looking forward to next week and what happens next.
- Episode 9: Shouken’s Reasons
- Episode 8: The Spirit, The Ceremony, and the Looming Disaster
- Episode 7: Cutting the String
- Episode 6: Bound to the Past
- Episode 5: We Always Knew Tanmoku’s Past Was Bleak
- Episode 4: What Does It Mean To Protect?
- Episode 3: Not Holding Back
- Episode 2: Keika is Incredibly Gullible But That’s What Makes Him Endearing
- Episode 1: Continuing From Where We Left Off
- Spiritpact Series Review
Thanks for reading.
Consider supporting the blog by:
- Becoming a patron
- Buy the ebook ‘Thoughts on Anime 2017‘
- Use the affiliate link to shop Play-Asia
4 thoughts on “Spiritpact – Bond of the Underworld Episode 10: Clarity”