Let’s take a break from space fights to take a stab at reality TV and the returning of Subaru’s space dog. Rather, let’s not because the end result isn’t great.
It might be petty to point out that a parody set in space that has featured giant space-dogs, robots with an evil switch, and clones is being a bit silly, but the introduction of the reality TV crew somehow pushed just the wrong button for me. Mostly, because despite Subaru’s obvious turn of mood from horrified by being subjected to being filmed, to nervous as he was a fan of the show they were from, he let them into his cockpit.
After having an almost continual running joke about his cockpit being is sanctuary and not liking anyone or anything else near it, the fact that he pleasantly let two randoms inside to film him while flying just struck me as completely world destroying. The one constant thing about this show was Subaru and his cockpit and now, for very little reason, that sanctuary is gone.
Then we got a giant dog and dog sex joke, so all and all this episode was kind of terrible.
- Episode 10: Another Mis-Fire
- Episode 9: Happiness and Tragedy
- Episode 8: So What’s With The Robot?
- Episode 7: Brothers Reunite
- Episodes 5 + 6: Did We Suddenly Stumble Upon a Space Melodrama?
- Episode 4: Have They Run Dry Already?
- Episode 3: Reality Is Cruel
- Episode 2 – Short Skit in Space
- Space Battleship Tiramisu First Impressions
Thanks for reading.
Consider supporting the blog by:
- Becoming a patron
- Buy the ebook ‘Thoughts on Anime 2017‘
- Use the affiliate link to shop Play-Asia
4 thoughts on “Space Battleship Tiramisu Episode 11: Another Flat Episode”