This week the focus is on introducing the rest of the cast and they do this by having endless deliveries of stock to be sold prior to a holiday period. For those who enjoy the idea of watching staff running around trying to stock book-shelves it works quite well however there isn’t a lot else going on. The over-reactions of the characters certainly help carry this sequence but as it lasts for the majority of the episode you have to wonder if they weren’t driving the only real ‘joke’ into the ground.
That said, this anime is also informative about the different genres and about the other materials that sometimes come out with books as well as release dates so there is a little bit of insight buried under the absurd masks each of the characters is wearing (and no, I refuse to ask why).
Despite that, this episode is pleasant enough eleven minutes, though it does bring back fears of perhaps being crushed to death under a pile of books at some point (a legitimate fear that people who own too many books genuinely have). This remains watchable though not exceptional and I’m thinking that’s probably where we’re going to remain for the rest of the season.
- Episode 1 – Just Your Everyday Bookstore
- Episode 2 – Too Many Books in the Bookstore
- Episode 3 – Sales People and Recommendations
- Episode 4 – We’ve All Been There
- Episode 5 – Overcoming the Trials and Tribulations of the Bookshop
- Episodes 6 + 7 – What Happens When Our Skeleton Bookseller Leaves the Bookshop
- Episode 8 – The People You Meet At The Bookshop
- Episode 9 – Book-lovers Can Relate To The Pain in Honda-San This Week
- Episode 10 – Were You Considering a Job in the Bookstore?
- Episode 11 – Bored at The Bookstore? Just Add Monsters
- Episode 12 – Tis The Season To Be Jolly and Wear Funny Hats