The Lords of Altirk are turning the tide of the battle, though I’m not sure why all their enemies suddenly started sucking. What did you think of this episode?
Forget the witch and the demons and whatever else as this episode is all about Milza attempting to crush Theo and failing miserably. He heads into the forest and predictably doesn’t accomplish much. What is worse, is he doesn’t appear to really try to do much. Then he goes off with his contracted mage somewhere to the south and gives Theo all the time he needs to rally an army. Then the reinforcements he needs can’t come because every other scheme the allies came up with just go perfectly, including the get naked and try to fight plot, which I’m still just wondering what the writers were thinking other than it had been nearly 6(?) episodes since they made one of the female characters lose their clothes.
Anyway, the episode ends with Castle Unicorn once again surrounded and Milza realising he might taste defeat. I don’t think he’s going to go down without a pretty fantastic fight and I’m kind of worried Lassic is going to bite the dust, but that kind of clears the way for Theo, doesn’t it?
This series continues to be maddening in the way it paces things, the way it explains things, and just some of the illogical things it expects the audience to swallow.
- Episode 15: Right, So Now Theo Has To Kill Milza and Become King?
- Episode 14: If Theo Accomplished His Goal Does That Mean We’re Done?
- Episode 13: Enter and Exit New Character That I Guess We Were Supposed To Care About
- Episode 12: This May Have Found Some Direction, At Last
- Episode 11: Does This Mean Theo Will Get Some Actual Screen Time?
- Episode 10: And We’re Back To The Cliff-Notes Version of Epic Battles
- Episode 9: Has This Show Turned A Corner, Or Are They Just Hoping This Will Keep Viewers Into The Spring Season?
- Episode 8: People Show A Startling Lack of Reason Of Good Judgement
- Episode 7: Loyalty Is Quite Cheap In This Show
- Episode 6: A Dance and A Battle
- Episode 5: Did You Know There Were Vampires? I Sure Didn’t
- Episode 4: Finally
- Episode 3: Do You Suppose We’ll Ever Know Everything A Crest Can Do?
- Episode 2: Some Nice Touches This Week
- Episode 1: She’s Going To Help Him Achieve His Dream Provided She Doesn’t Kill Him First
Thanks for reading.
Consider supporting the blog by:
- Becoming a patron
- Buy the ebook ‘Thoughts on Anime 2017‘
- Use the affiliate link to shop Play-Asia
12 thoughts on “Record of Grancrest War Episode 16: Doesn’t This All Feel Too Easy?”
This epi had me laughing. Plot armour at its finest xDD.
I actually felt this episode was better paced than most of the others…not that that says a whole lot. At least we got see some of the conflicts, unlike the 15 or so that they seemingly just explained through dialog.. Also didn’t take issue with the nudist revolt. It seems a little ridiculous at first, but it’s been done before.