I’m not sure when Theo’s goal changed to protecting the alliance, defeating Milza and, given the path he’s on, become King, but it seems like that is where this anime intends to go. Are you still following this journey or have you bailed?
I don’t know when it was ever suggested that Yana might be the witch who started things off but in the grand tradition of how Grancrest likes to tell a story, once Siluca states this even though there is no evidence or link made about how this was determined other than a demon was summoned and Yana can summon demons, the characters take it as a conclusion and the Mages attempt to burn her at the stake. Guys, there is a far easier way to kill someone and it wouldn’t let her have her final hurrah.
Theo then returns to the mainland, has some time with his boy Lassic, then announces he’s going to kill Milza. Because announcing your intentions to raise an army and kill someone is a great start. It means you really get the benefit of surprise.
The one thing working in Theo’s favour is that Milza has not taken him seriously as a threat. Every other character in the show seems to be, but Milza is utterly dismissive and so Theo actually manages to get back into his old fortress in the forest and is preparing for the coming battle before Milza actually begins to react. Still not sure how any of this fits in with Theo’s original goal but at least they kind of linked it back to the original tragedy so I guess that’s cohesion.
- Episode 14: If Theo Accomplished His Goal Does That Mean We’re Done?
- Episode 13: Enter and Exit New Character That I Guess We Were Supposed To Care About
- Episode 12: This May Have Found Some Direction, At Last
- Episode 11: Does This Mean Theo Will Get Some Actual Screen Time?
- Episode 10: And We’re Back To The Cliff-Notes Version of Epic Battles
- Episode 9: Has This Show Turned A Corner, Or Are They Just Hoping This Will Keep Viewers Into The Spring Season?
- Episode 8: People Show A Startling Lack of Reason Of Good Judgement
- Episode 7: Loyalty Is Quite Cheap In This Show
- Episode 6: A Dance and A Battle
- Episode 5: Did You Know There Were Vampires? I Sure Didn’t
- Episode 4: Finally
- Episode 3: Do You Suppose We’ll Ever Know Everything A Crest Can Do?
- Episode 2: Some Nice Touches This Week
- Episode 1: She’s Going To Help Him Achieve His Dream Provided She Doesn’t Kill Him First
Thanks for reading.
Consider supporting the blog by: