I’d like to thank Voyager from Galvanic for this nomination. Last week I responded to another one of these and hopefully I don’t end up nominating the same people twice. A huge thank you for the award and now I’ll get on with it.
- Display the Award Logo.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and post a link to their blog.
- Answer the questions of the one who nominated you.
- Nominate 7-10 bloggers.
- Ask them seven questions.
Thanks Voyager for some interesting questions. Hopefully the answers make sense.
01. Do you have any writing habits on your blog that bug you and you try to stop doing?
Since blogging I’ve found I start a lot of paragraphs and sentences with unnecessary conjunctions (‘and’, ‘so’, and occasionally things like ‘okay’). I’d really like to edit all of these out though I suspect that is going to take quite some doing. I realise it is because I’m writing more conversationally in my blog than I do elsewhere, but I hate it when I read it back and I notice how often I’ve done it.
02. Is there any particular type of character arc that really appeals to you? (i.e Redemption Arc? Revenge Arc? Romance Arc? Be The Very Best, Like No One Ever Was? etc.)
I don’t know that there is any particular character arc that appeals. I know tournament arcs in plots usually bore me, but in terms of appeal almost any character arc can be brilliant if well executed. Still, I will admit a well written Revenge Arc will usually hook me right in (too bad so many are poorly written).
03. What’s a character that you like despite normally being a type of character you really don’t care for?
I really like All Might as a character, which kind of makes no sense to me because he’s this brash, intrusive character who is always smiling and just assumes that by declaring things are okay they will be. Admittedly, he won me over when I saw the genuine effort he put into things, when I realised the smiles were entirely for the benefit of others, and because he knows when he needs to be serious.
04. What’s a story you revisit often, just to relax?
Obvious answer: Natsume Yuujinchou. Also, Kimi ni Todoke and Snow White with the Red Hair. Pretty much guarantee at the end of a long week I’ll be curled up on the couch with one of these.
05. What’s a series you think had potential but could’ve used a little more time in the oven?
So many choices. This year I’d have to pick Caligula. There were some genuinely interesting ideas in that anime and I’d really love to see the concept, with that art style and music, done again but with significantly more work put into the plot and characters. They could really have had something phenomenal if they’d actually thought about what to do with their set up.
06. Is there anything you’ve always wanted to do with your blog that you couldn’t/can’t, for whatever reason?
While I love writing and will keep my blog text based, I would genuinely love the time to produce other content. The problem is at the moment I get half-way through editing a video project and then life takes off on me again and by the time I get back to said project I pretty much need to start over because I’ve lost any sense of what I was trying to accomplish. Realistically I just want to make my blog my full time job and I’d love to be able to put time and energy into writing better posts, doing some audio based posts each week, and periodically putting out video content. Of course, I think that’s what a lot of bloggers would like and I’m just not in a place where I can do that at the moment. Still, long term goals.
07. How’s your year been, so far? Good, I hope ^_^
2018 is going to go down as the year I absolutely had a blast online with my blog and on social media, and the year where I more or less dreaded everything else. Between poor health and excessive working hours, realistically it has just been a bad year. Admittedly, my health has been better the last few months so even though I’m still being monitored at intervals, I think things are in the clear (fingers crossed and all that).
As always, there is no obligation. Thanks for being awesome.
My Questions – Same as last week’s:
- We’ve just made this an official award’s ceremony. What are you going to wear?
- What vehicle will you rock up in?
- And who is accompanying you?
- Who would you like to present you with your award?
- When you accept your award, who do you thank in your speech?
- After you have received your award you decide you want to give a message to the audience, what is it?
- Finally, after the ceremony is over where do you go for your after party?
And that is it for the post. Hopefully you enjoyed reading my responses and I will get on to the other post for next week sooner rather than later. Thanks again, Voyager for the nomination.
Or, use one of my product affiliate links.
Attack on Titan Canvas Board (Eren & Levi)