I’ve been nominated by the lovely Arthifis for this award. Thanks for the nomination and hopefully you enjoy my answers.
- Share the link of the blogger who has shown love to you by nominating you.
- Answer the 11 questions they ask.
- Nominate 11 bloggers for the same award in the spirit of sharing love and solidarity with our blogging family.
- Ask them 11 questions that you are dying for the answer to
01. Do you share your birthday with one of your favourite anime characters?
I did not know but apparently I share the same birthday as Teito from 07 Ghost and Crowley from D Gray Man. Neither would be my favourite character but that’s still kind of cool.
02. Following on from that, do you share your birthday with a character you dislike?
Not particularly, though plenty I’ve never heard of.
03. If you could be the protagonist of an anime, what type of protagonist would you be and what would you call yourself?
Honestly, I can see myself being just like Morioka from Recovery of an MMO Junkie, except maybe slightly more functional outside of my house (very slightly).
04. Which pet peeves do you have?
Too many to list, though my current one would be people who overtake unsafely on rural highways. Some people seriously do not respect their own mortality which would be fine except that their choices seriously impact on others.
05. What kind of trait is a red flag when it comes to an Anime that says to you right away that you won’t be finishing this one?
Really stupid comedy, particularly toilet humour. Just does nothing for me, though in fairness that is true of all types of stories and not just anime.
06. As you know I’m doing the Hunger Games: Anime Edition at my blog… If you had to choose ONE character from Anime to compete in the “real” hunger games to win which one would it be and why?
Sebastian from Black Butler. Who is actually going to beat him? Not to mention, if I was watching the Hunger Games, that’s what I’d like to see.
07. Have you ever deleted a post completely after writing it and don’t publish it at all? If yes, what was the theme and why?
Regularly. I always have a lot of post ideas and some of them when I read them back are pretty stupid. Usually I delay the posting date. Then I rewrite. Then I delay again. If I get to another total rewrite I usually just salvage any material from the post that is usable and scrap the post.
08. Would you accept the challenge to write about something you never write about? Let’s say you only cover Anime and someone comes to you and asks for you to write about what do you think about astrology… Something like that!
I love to write. I started writing about anime at the suggestion of someone who knew I was unhappy that I wasn’t writing anymore. So, I’d pretty much write about anything provided I was in the mood at the time.
09. What are 3 positive traits about you that immediately come to mind? and 10. On the other hand, tell us one thing that you would like to change about yourself and why do you think you need to change it.
Um… Hard working? This one is kind of a struggle. Always aspiring to improve? Oh, enthusiasm. I have a lot of enthusiasm. Okay, this is why I can’t write a resume or sell myself or my blog particularly well. I actually told someone at an interview once when asked what I felt my assets would be as an employee that I was ‘mostly functional as a human’.
So what would I like to change? I’d like to be more willing to take risks and go after the things I want, but given my general craving for stability I doubt that change will happen.
11. What anime are you planning to watch from the spring season?
Not 100% certain yet but hopefully I will finalise a watch list by the end of next week.
The Nominees (not 11 and no obligation):
The Spooky Red Head – Does some great lists on their blog.
The Lily Garden – Well, you probably all know Remy Fool already, but if you don’t, their blog is awesome, check it out.
Amiranda Reviews – This is a blog I only recently started following but I’ve enjoyed their reviews so far.
The Ani-Messenger – Some strong opinions on some anime but don’t shoot the messenger.
A Reluctant Hero – Always entertaining and most recently been focused on Harry Potter.
Questions, Questions, Questions:
- Toast or bread?
- Anime with the best food?
- If you could only have one book or DVD with you on a deserted island, which would you take (assume you can watch the DVD)?
- Coolest anime fight ever?
- Favourite non-anime franchise?
- Feelings on the Avengers?
- Aliens finally come to earth, what do they look like?
- Twitter, Facebook, or other?
- Headphones or speaker?
- How many times have you changed your ringtone?
- Geekiest thing you own?
Thanks for reading.
Consider supporting the blog by:
- Becoming a patron
- Buy the ebook ‘Thoughts on Anime 2017‘
- Use the affiliate link to shop Play-Asia
12 thoughts on “One Lovely Blog Award Nomination – Thanks Arthifis”
“mostly functional as a human”? How the hell didn’t you just got hired on the spot? ahahah But I understand what you are saying! I have also some trouble selling myself! I always think “Yeah… I did this! But there are many people who are able to do it I’m sure” xD But, that’s completely the idea why I inserted that question there muahah
I never thought you rewrited so many times your posts! XP Not saying is a bad thing or something… It’s just you put so many content every single day that I just can’t understand how the hell you even have the time to rewrite and so on! I’m sure you have a lot of posts already scheduled for the future and that lets you have more time to rework in your posts, but for the episodic ones which you proprabl write after watching the Anime… It just makes me speechless! 😀
It just made you to go up even more in my awesomeness bar I had for you ahah
Episode reviews don’t get quite as much attention, unless I’ve ended up with a rant, in which case I try to rewrite a couple of times to make it a little less ranty. Normally episode reviews get a proof-read, a quick edit and just a few minor tweaks before going out. It is the other posts that usually get multiple rewrites and versions before I finally publish them.
Answering a selection of questions because, why not?
“If you could only have one book or DVD with you on a deserted island, which would you take (assume you can watch the DVD)?”
Probably something from Douglas Hofstadter. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_Hofstadter) It’s been over thirty years since I first read G.E.B., The Mind’s I, and Metamagical Themas – and I’m *still* trying to work my way through some of the concepts addressed in those books. I know the question assumed fiction, but I read very little fiction, non-fiction is my bag. Plus books that really make you think do double duty when filling time.
“Feelings on the Avengers?”
OMG, OMG, OMG – two more weeks until Infinity War. SQEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
“Favourite non-anime franchise?”
Three guesses and the first two don’t count.
“How many times have you changed your ringtone?”
Not even once. When I got my current phone, my wife got a ringtone, my special contacts (basically people like my mom, people that will ring through even on Night mode) got a ringtone, and everyone else gets the default. That was five years ago.
At least particular contacts got a special ring tone.
Yes, Sebastian for the win! Argh overtaking unsafely is obviously dangerous, and stressful to have to be close to >_< Luckily most most try to avoid me and my red P plates hahah Thanks for the nomination too 🙂
No problem, but I think someone else nominated you yesterday as well, so don’t worry about it if you don’t want it.
“mostly functional as a human” that line must have gone down well xDD
Let’s just say I’m really glad I’m in fairly stable employment. I don’t find interviews the easiest process to pass.
This qualification beats most of the people I work with. I would hire Karandi on the spot.
Okay, your workplace must be hard up for staff.