-Thank the person who gave this award (and include a link to their blog)
-Share seven things about yourself
-Nominate bloggers of your choice
I’d like to thank ospreyshire for this nomination. Now, if you don’t follow them, please go check out the link and their blog. Actually blogs. Ospreyshire runs multiple blogs to cover different topics and I have no idea how they manage it because that would be an organisational nightmare, so nothing but respect for their ability to seemingly do so without a hitch.
01. I hate spiders that drop from ceilings. A spider in a web in some tree isn’t going to bother me. Nor is a spider just kind of crawling along doing its thing. But a spider above me that might drop down, will freak me out. And yes, this is because of numerous experiences of spiders doing just that.
02. I have always wanted a dragon that would stay small enough to fit on my shoulder. Seriously would be the cutest thing ever, particularly if it would breath flames at people who annoyed me. My kitten did used to ride on my shoulders when I would try to get ready for work but then she got just a fraction too big so now she sits on the window sill while I prepare. Still, shoulder dragon. Must have item in the future.
03. I love confetti. And bubble wrap. And glitter. This is something that surprises a lot of people about me because they think I’m too serious for these things, but it is impossible to be unhappy when it is raining glittery confetti if you have some bubble wrap to pop.
04. While I can cook (I usually claim a lack of ability), I get bored very easily while preparing food so have many mis-fires due to not paying attention, walking away and forgetting about something, or just because I stop reading the recipe mid-way through the process and just kind of throw stuff in. Sometimes it works out and my ‘concoction stew’ is one of my best dishes now – named by the poor person I inflict it on. It looks like a witch’s brew but it tastes pretty amazing. At the very least, it will clear out your sinus issues with the amount of ginger and garlic that goes into it.
05. I sometimes come off as cynical or pessimistic because I like to point out the issues with an idea. It isn’t actually the case as I’m genuinely an optimistic person who wants the best to happen. I just know that pointing out the issues early on is the best way to avoid them and that can usually lead to a good outcome. People who misunderstand that about me, like to gloat later about how things worked out. I just kind of shrug and let them gloat knowing that they only avoided x, y or z because I pointed out that they hadn’t put anything in place to deal with it.
06. I never need to be woken up. Mostly that is because I don’t really sleep well in the first place, but I’m a huge morning person. If I set an alarm, no matter how tired I am, I will always wake up about twenty minutes before it goes off.
07. I always feel like I am behind when it comes to what is going on. I know that isn’t true, but I feel like I miss so much and then am always playing catch up. The problem is, by the time I catch up something new has happened and then I feel behind again.
Sorry, but I’m letting this one end here for now. I’m pretty sure most people I thought of have already had a nomination for this one.
Thanks for reading.
If you enjoyed this post and would like to see more great content on this blog, consider becoming a patron for as little as $1 a month.
Another way you can support the content here is by buying a copy of ‘Thoughts on Anime 2017‘ as an ebook. It contains a selection of reviews, features and top 5 lists from 2017 and while the content is available free on the site, this is a great way to give a one off show of support for the blog. It is available for $3.99.
35 thoughts on “Nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award”
I must say, your cooking skill level is remarkably close to my own. I’m still learning slowly, though the one pot wonders are still the only dishes I’m much good at 😆 Luckily my partner in crime Dominic is an excellent cook. Without him, I envision a life of being malnourished on slop.
Congratulations on the award!
One pot wonders are vastly underrated. With a big of rice, they can really be warming and filling dishes. Plus, the throw stuff in and walk away nature of the cooking really appeals.
Congrats on the award!! 😊
Congrats on the award!
I have no idea how, like just HOW, you’re able to wake up early. While I have the talent to stay up late, waking up makes me wanna puke.
I assume you have a lot of spiders over there; I have heard many Aussie YouTubers saying that.
It is an actual issue particularly in rural areas (which of course would be where I live). I’ve had a spider land on me mid-presentation for work and while I managed to calmly pluck it off and continue, afterwards I had to go straight home and shower because I was freaking out about spiders in my hair.
Not a spider but I remember a house lizard landed on me, a few years ago. I freaked out so much that I kept running around the house and kept looking back to check if I had more, for hours.
Congratulations on this award, definitely well deserved 💗
Well done! That sleeping thing is something I relate too as well, if I miss the alarm and decide to lie in then I always wake up at the same time anyway.
Is it because you keep a consistent sleep schedule? Mine doesn’t often change and it’s made my body used to it so it always knows when to wake up. I think that’s the science behind it anyway!
In my case, I think it is more paranoid about missing something. I wake up because I feel like I need to be doing something, that I missed or forgot something, or that I’ll be late (even if there are many hours to go). I’m kind of used to it at this point.
It’s not a nice way to wake up but I guess it works, that’s really strange though.
Those are some great answers. When you talked about having a shoulder dragon, I immediately thought about Hakkai and his pet dragon Jeep from Saiyuki.
I’ll have to look that up later.
Sure. It was an interesting companion for that character. He can be a shoulder dragon, but it can also turn into a Jeep.
Okay, now I definitely have to look that up later.
Hahaha! Nice! Not many dragons can turn into SUVs, so you got to give props there. 🙂
Congratulations on another award! You deserve it, and oh my god bubble wrap 😂😂 After purchasing the gifts for my competition I came into possession of a big amount again..there is just nothing more satisfying than popping it all day lol 😂😂
That is one of the best parts of online shopping. Yes, you get what you ordered, but you also get bubble wrap.
Lol wouldn’t it be awesome if you older like a lifetime’s supply worth of bubble wrap 😂😂
Congratulations! 🎉Glitter makes life a little bit shinier so how can one not love glitter. And bubble wrap. 🤗 Also, I can totally relate to number 7. I don’t even try anymore, I just feel lucky if I happen to be early on the train once in a while.
I feel like I need to catch up at some point and it would be lovely if I could put the world on pause for a little bit.
That one extra hour a day no one else has would be very nice. One day you’ll catch up.
Can I have your ability to wake up without the need of help?
Coz I am NOT a morning person!
The trade off is short temper most evenings but I get a lot more done in the morning so that is fine.
It’s okay. I literally shut myself in on the evenings.
But if I really am to take that quirk of yours, my blog would just turn out to be a Blog of Rants..
Bubble wrap – a must have. Good for the nerves and it’s fun! I would have wanted my dragon to be a bit bigger than me so I could ride it but I admit there’s something about a dragon perched on your shoulder.
Congrats on the award!
Just think of the photos of you with a dragon on your shoulder. Adorable.