Perlem from Purposefully Lackluster and Thero from A Reluctant Hero nominated me for the Liebster award (as did many other people who I would love to link to but do not remember which ones). No, I am not playing favourites in responding properly to this nomination, but I’m not really watching much at the moment so figured I may as well take a stab at completing one of these properly for the first time in awhile. So, a big thank you to everyone else who has nominated me for a blog award and has put up with me just responding in the comments and not actually passing the award on.
- Display Award
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions they’ve written for you.
- Nominate 5 – 11 bloggers.
1. Have you ever encountered anything in real life that could be straight out of a fantasy.
Does my cooking count? My basic meal usually gets described as a ‘concoction’ though everyone who eats it tells me it tastes fantastic if they can just get over how bad it looks.
2. What is your favourite colour and why? (I really want to know why blue and purple are so popular, for me nothing beats the beauty of orange)
Red and purple. Why? Because I do.
3. Do you have any posters? If so what are they of?
I have, somewhere, a massive poster collection from my teen years that mostly consists of Buffy and Stargate characters and scenes. I’m positive I still have that box somewhere in storage. As to current posters, I have a whole bunch from Bleach, Soul Eater, one Attack on Titan poster (won as a prize), and then I have a stack of mini-wall hangings from a whole range of shows including Snow White with the Red Hair.
4. What made you start blogging, any particular goals or motivations?
Really the blog was to get me writing and to find someone to discuss anime with. I think it accomplished both of those goals.
5. What is something that can make you fall in love with an anime immediately?
I don’t think there is any one thing. I think it is a combination of genre, music, presentation, and characters and if the anime gets all these things right in one scene sometime during the first episode, I’ll probably be hooked. But yeah, I couldn’t just say it an anime does this I will like it. I’ll certainly try any anime (or movie or TV show) that has a dragon in it. Problem is, most of these end up being pretty terrible.
6. Is Avatar the Last Airbender an anime? (this one’s just childish I know)
Given anime translates as animation, then yes. Is it something I am particularly interested in, not really.
7. Something you hate about the internet?
Nothing. The only thing I actually hate about the internet is that not everyone has free and decent access to it. That and my internet connection is pretty terrible and inconsistent because of where I live.
8. Any hidden talents?
None really hidden. I read incredibly fast and type really quickly too. I’ve previously mentioned that I’m fairly good at being invisible but that isn’t so much a talent as just a reality.
9. Any words you catch yourself overusing in your writing?
10. Last movie you saw at the cinema?
Star Wars: The Last Jedi.
11. Favourite voice actor?
01. What is your favourite anime/book/TV show/film/video game?
I seriously hate getting asked favourites. For anime I have some favourites that I went through when I did the 30 Day Anime Challenge but even then that didn’t cover all the anime I love. Actually, the easiest one to answer here would be TV show because that would definitely be anything by Joss Whedon (Buffy, Firefly, Angel, or Doll House).
02. In your favourite anime/book/TV show/film/video game, would you be a hero or a villain and why?
I would be a background character with no name. I think both a hero and a villain need to be just a little bit more willing to involve themselves directly in things than me.
03. If you could visit any fictional world, which one would it be and why?
I don’t know which world I would want to visit but I would want to visit a world where people could use magic. Like studying a foreign language or learning history, I think studying magic could be really fun even though I would probably be dreadful at practical application. Yes, I am strange.
04. If you could have any fictional vehicle or mount to get around in/on, what would it be?
This is easy. None. I don’t like vehicles or really anything that moves. They are a necessity but I don’t like them. Preferred mode of transportation would be walking.
05. If you could time travel, what time period would you visit and why?
Definitely the future because I just have to know if people ever learn from the past and stop repeating the same stupid things over and over.
06. If you could have any super power, what would it be and why?
I’ve been thinking about this since I answered this question in one of these previously, and I’ve decided I’d like mental coercion. Not because I want to do anything in particular with it, but just to avoid tedious circular arguments with people. And again, I don’t plan to use it to convince the person that I am right, simply to agree to disagree and to go away.
07. What book/film/video game/TV series/anime are you hyped about being released this year?
New Sword Art Online and My Hero Academia kind of have me excited but I really do try to avoid getting too excited about things until they actually are released and are actually good.
08. What was you favourite book/film/video game/TV series/anime of 2017?
That answer will come out on the 12th of January for anime and I didn’t see very many films. Games I didn’t play anything new spending the early part of the year still on No Man’s Sky and then the later half of the year doing replays of Final Fantasy X and Baldur’s Gate 2.
09. If you could time travel back to last year, what advice would you give yourself for that year?
I would probably just let myself know that I will still have a job next year and leave it at that.
10. What was your favourite blog post to write in 2017?
I think my favourite post to write was probably the feature I wrote when I looked at the Death Note and Ghost in the Shell movies and why fans needed to stop judging them based on the source material and just look at them for what they were (not arguing that either film was actually particularly good but that they weren’t as bad as some people made them out to be either). This generated some interesting discussions and I think I just needed to write it because I was sick of seeing that Death Note was the worst movie ever. Sure, it was pretty bad but there are plenty of worse films out there. I finished Death Note (twice) and some films get turned off in ten minutes because they are unwatchably bad.
11. What is your blogging goal for 2018?
2018 and my goal remains to continue growing my blog and to have fun engaging in discussions with other about anime. Though, I do want to continue dipping my toes into reviewing light novels as that was kind of fun for a change of pace at the end of 2017.
My Questions (New Year Theme):
01. One thing you loved about 2017.
02. One thing you hated about 2017.
03. One thing you learned during 2017 that you think you will use in 2018.
04. What did you do for New Year’s Eve?
05. If you could change something that happened in 2017 (only one thing) what would it be?
06. What is one goal you have set for 2018?
07. What are the odds of you actually meeting your goal?
08. What anime are you most looking forward to in 2018?
09. What are you most excited about for your blog in 2018?
10. Are you going to any conventions in 2018?
11. What advice would you like to give other bloggers for 2018?
The Nominations – please feel free to ignore as I am sure you’ve all been nominated before:
Thanks for reading.
If you enjoyed this post and like the blog, consider becoming a patron to support further growth and future content.