Thanks to MangaKast for the nomination. I’m usually pretty bad at responding to these but with a few anime drops last week I had a space in my schedule and it has been awhile since I’ve properly followed through with an award. The rules and my nominees are at the end of the post.
01. If you could be any animal, what would you be?
If we’re talking real animals it would have to be a cat. They are so graceful and yet so strong (for their size). Also, even when the klutz up they usually manage not to hurt themselves.
02. Do you have a favourite font?
Century Gothic. There’s just something very clean and appealing about it.
03. When you were small, what did you want to be when you grew up? What’s your dream job now? Has it changed?
I kind of always wanted to be what I became and while I am looking for a change in my lifestyle (because too much work can really tire you out after awhile), I do love my job. I just wish it didn’t consume the lion’s share of my existence.
04. Do you have a pet?
At the moment I have a cat and some chickens (though I don’t give my chickens names anymore because getting attached to them is a bad idea). The cat has a name but generally responds to cat.
05. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and how long would you like to stay?
I’d love to go back to Japan. I want to go to most countries in Europe. Eventually I’d like to get to Peru and Canada. I wouldn’t mind New Zealand again. Visiting China would be awesome. Vietnam… Well, more or less anywhere I guess. I’ve learned from travel that three to four weeks in a country is enough. By the end of three weeks the novelty of living out of a suitcase is wearing thin and I really start wanting my own bed.
06. If you could live in any fantasy setting (book, movie, anime, manga, comic book, game, etc.,) where would you chose?
Preferably one that wouldn’t kill me. On that note though, I wouldn’t mind Aincrad from SAO provided they removed the whole if you die in the game you die in real life aspect.
07.What’s the last thing you read? Did you enjoy it?
I’m drafting this post pretty much after finishing reading the first volume of The Seven Princes of the Thousand Year Labyrinth which I’m reviewing in March. And given my first impulse on finishing the book was to hit the book depository and add the next three books to my wishlist to wait for a sale, I’m guessing I enjoyed it.
08. What is to the right of you right now?
A really ugly fan/heater that isn’t on because the using a fan in 40 degree heat just blows hot air at you so the air conditioner is running and giving me a wondrous power bill for the month.
09. What’s to the left of you right now?
A filing cabinet that is also pretty ugly, but made better by the many magnets, including Sailor Moon, Johnny Depp, and the Dark Crystal, and they are all pinning down photos and post cards from various people and places.
10. Do you have a favourite colour? If so, what is it? Has that changed since you were little?
I’m into dark colours. Dark reds, purples, navy and that sort of thing. I’m not overly picky about exactly which colour but I don’t like pastels or neon colours.
11. How annoying do you find lists of questions you’re required to answer on a scale of 1 (being “I love them, are you kidding!”) to 10 (being “with the fiery passion of a thousand burning suns!!!!”)?
I would say maybe a 4. I enjoy answering these because when I read other people’s responses it gives me a chance to see more about them than you might just from reading their normal posts.
My nominees (tagged on twitter) – and probably tagged before but I’m curious as to their answers, but no pressure if you don’t want to play:
- Amari Sali
- John Samuel
- Arria Cross
- Remy Fool
1. What is the best place you have travelled to in the last five years and why?
2. What has been your favourite meal in the last month?
3. Do you cook or do you eat out or does someone cook for you?
4. What character would you name a pet after?
5. If you could summon any fictional character into existence (with some hope that they would be loyal to you and that you could somewhat control them and they won’t kill you), who would you summon?
6. What is the best movie you have seen in the last 12 months?
7. Is there a blog post topic you’ve always wanted to cover but haven’t because you were worried about the reader reaction?
8. Assuming blonde, brown, black, and gray are all off the table, what colour would you dye your hair if forced to change your look?
9. What is your favourite Keanu Reeves movie (yeah, weird question, just go with it)?
10. If you had the option of being on the first colonising space ship sent to another planet (assuming we knew human life could survive on said planet), would you go?
11. Who were the last 5 people who commented on one of your posts?
Nominees, your rules are below!
- Display Award (Official site here)
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions they’ve written for you.
- Nominate 5 – 11 bloggers.
Thanks for reading.
If you enjoyed this post and would like to see more great content on this blog, consider becoming a patron for as little as $1 a month.
Another way you can support the content here is by buying a copy of ‘Thoughts on Anime 2017‘ as an ebook. It contains a selection of reviews, features and top 5 lists from 2017 and while the content is available free on the site, this is a great way to give a one off show of support for the blog. It is available for $3.99.
37 thoughts on “Nominated For A Liebster Award”
Congratulations and thanks for the nomination.
It sounds like you’ve traveled around a lot and yet you’re interested in traveling more, which is amazing. Hopefully you have the opportunity to visit all the countries you’ve mentioned.
I think travel is important to gain perspective and I never come home from a trip without having learned a lot about myself and the world.
Congrats on the award! 😊
Congratulations on your nomination!
I must admit, I’m sort of really, really curious about the chickens.
Congrats Karandi! It is great finding out so much about you. Your adoration for your cat gives me all the feels.
The cat and I have finally come to a mutual agreement about her not sleeping on the computer keyboard. That took a long time.
Awww… does it involve a massive amount of cuddles beforehand?
I surrendered the space on top of the filing cabinet so now she can sit up there and look down on me unhindered by any books of things that she used to need to knock off first before she could sit there. I even gave her a mat to sit on. But the keyboard is safe and that is the important thing.
Well this is a rare treat! Of course congratulations and thank you for such a fun post. I really enjoyed reading your answers and am a bit curious about the chickens.
Thank you so much for the opportunity to tag Shoka! Have a great day.
Congrats in you award Karandi! I loved to read your answers since it made me know you a little better xD never had guessed that you have and want to travel so much for example xD that’s something I really want to do but I didn’t yet manage to have the money to properly invest on it! 🙁 thank you for the nomination xp
I love seeing new places but saving up for a trip takes a lot of time. I was lucky my most recent venture to Hawaii last year was ‘sort of’ work related – or at least had a work component attached. It kept some of the expenses down.
Yeah when you go by work it helps a lot xD my last trip was to Barcelona, Spain. Although I worked from 9 to 18 there was plenty time to visit afterwards (although it was really tiring, but it was almost totally free so no problem xP)
Congrats on the award! I just started following your blog but I thoroughly enjoy reading what you’ve posted thus far and plan on continuing in the future!
Thank you and I’m glad you’ve enjoyed the posts. Hopefully they continue to entertain.
Woohoo! Congratulations on another award! Seriously cool…. I hope to have a little bit more time in February (March I think is going to be crazy) where I can do some awards posts as well. But of course thank you very much for the nomination. Appreciate it 😊
Never mind if you are busy (I’m really bad at forgetting to reply to these in the end because I get caught up in other stuff). Still, you deserve the award.
Thanks so much for the kind words 😊 And yes I can relate. I’m really behind on these, but I do plan on catching up to them somewhere this year 😊
Congratulations on the award and as expected of my senpai, it is great to see award posts where I’m not tagged!
Yes, well, Irina’s must tag Shokamoka thing kind of has you covered. You’re welcome to answer if you would like because I would have loved to tag you but I figured you already had enough on your plate.
Congratulations on your nomination Karandi!
I love reading other’s answers too!
I don’t know if that makes me nosy or curious but I just find it fun to learn more about the person behind the blog post.
True, Karandi-san, I feel the same.
Let’s just eloquently say that we’re inquisitive and curious. (not nosy and poky)
Congrats on the Liebster Award, Karandi!
You’re welcome. You certainly earned it.