Matt in the Hat tagged me nearly two weeks ago and I know I’ve been tagged for this one before and just never got around to responding. Part of that is my busy schedule and the other part of that is thinking of 13 things that keep me going is actually kind of hard when I kind of sum it all up into one simple answer (which I will make my number 13 on this list). Still, I’m thankful for the tag this time and for those who tagged me before that I didn’t respond to (sorry).
- Mention the person who nominated you
- List 13 reasons why you keep going/living
- Nominate 10 or more people to give their reasons why.
- Use the picture that I created in your post.
I did mention finding 13 was actually quite hard. Some of these are a little silly as I desperately tried to fill the numbers. Really, number 13 is the only one that is actually important and it is enough.
01. Too many books still to be read and still to be published.
02. Too many movies still to be seen and still to be created.
03. Too many anime I have never watched and that haven’t been made yet.
Okay, the first three are all very similar but very important. I have watch lists and read lists filled with titles and these grow every single day. If I had a hundred life-times it wouldn’t be enough to get through everything that I wanted to read and watch so that’s a pretty compelling reason to stick around.
04. My current cat needs me to feed her and any future pets I acquire would be equally dependent.
05. Certain family members would need to find someone else to play scrabble against online if I suddenly went silent online.
06. I’m almost certain that my work would pile up even if I was no longer here and that is a depressing thought.
These three are all very much about the impact my not being here would have on others. While I’m being flippant about it, whether I realise it or not most days, my presence actually does have some kind of impact on others and that’s certainly something I should try to remember.
07. I’m still growing my blog and I’m sure it would miss me if I stopped logging in.
08. I still don’t know what’s in Eren’s basement.
09. I won’t get to see season 3 of Snow White With the Red Hair or Noragami (should they ever get made).
10. I haven’t learned all the kanji (forget all, I haven’t learned 500 of them yet).
11. I still haven’t managed to max out every stat on Skyrim (and given I’m not playing it at the moment I’m unlikely to every complete that goal, but it seems wrong to leave it unfinished).
12. Chocolate (I don’t think that one needs an explanation).
13. My story isn’t finished yet.
Outside of all of the other reasons, this is the most important. My story may not be all that fascinating to others, but it isn’t finished yet and that means there are still endless possibilities for where my story will go and where it might eventually end. And everybody knows there is nothing worse than a protagonist that gives up mid-adventure so while my story is still going, I’m going to keep trying my best to do whatever it is I’m doing at the time. I’m well aware that eventually I’ll run out of pages and that perhaps my book will be thinner than I would have liked, but I’m determined to make every page read the way I wanted to live my life (I may not succeed but at least I’ll try).
I have no idea who has been tagged at this point so feel free to ignore.
- Average Joe Reviews
- The Things I’ve Seen
- Anime Sunday
- Couch Crusin
- Negative Primes
- All About Anime
- Otaku Orbit
- Anime Luxembourg
Thanks for reading.
Consider supporting the blog by: