I guess it kind of works that for its final story this anime returns to Souichi and to the creepy model giving us a sense of some kind of progress throughout the course of this series of disjointed tales. To be fair, both the stories this week were quite interesting in different ways, and while I would have liked the first story to be given a whole episode to be developed, and a slightly stronger ending, I actually quite enjoyed it.
However, otherwise the same criticisms of this anime continue with characters we don’t much care about facing supernatural horrors we aren’t really scared by and aren’t really given long enough with to really get caught up in the story. Also, the music and animation remain pretty ordinary.
Still, this episode does at least allow this series to end on a high-ish note which will perhaps make people slightly more generous in their overall series reviews.
- Episode 11: Return To Weird Stories
- Episode 10: And I Thought Last Week Was Gross?
- Episode 9: So, Gross?
- Episode 8: There Are No Words
- Episode 7: Round and Round We Go
- Episode 6: Once Again, Possibilities Squandered
- Episode 5: Souichi is Just Really Kind of Annoying
- Episode 4: Did I Ever Mention I Find Puppets Creepy?
- Episode 3: Still Not Scary But The Second Story Is A Little Disturbing
- Episode 2: Not Much Improvement But Setting A Tone
- Episode 1: Sit Back And Listen To A Twisted Tale
Thanks for reading.
If you enjoyed this post and would like to see more great content on this blog, consider becoming a patron for as little as $1 a month.
Another way you can support the content here is by buying a copy of ‘Thoughts on Anime 2017‘ as an ebook. It contains a selection of reviews, features and top 5 lists from 2017 and while the content is available free on the site, this is a great way to give a one off show of support for the blog. It is available for $3.99.
Finally, you can use the affiliate link to shop at Play-Asia.com if you are interested in anime, soundtracks, figures or games. Should you use the link and make a purchase, I will receive a small percentage of the purchase price.