A Demon Lord in one direction, a fallen army in the other, what will our heroes do? Apparently we’ll rely on the power of friendship and follow that up with a healthy dose of harem power.
By the way: Spoilers
This is probably one of those cases where I kind of understand why the story has ended this way. Being isekai and harem it really does make sense that our overpowered protagonist will deliver an amazing feat of magic but somehow the day will still be saved by some lip-service from the haremetts before Klem reverts back into her loli form and willingly accepts being enslaved by Diablo. We even get a moment to redeem Alicia and let’s throw the fallen Edelgard into the mix right at the end so that we can have the full range of fan-service this show has on offer all in one scene.
And it works. There’s no denying that the fight was kind of fun, the character relationships make sense, and Diablo not killing Alicia for putting everyone through all of that is more or less expected at this point. However, it kind of makes it hard to say that this anime ultimately distinguished itself from so many others in the genre. It had a real chance for a far more serious ending and one with far more dramatic consequences and yet has chosen the softer and more expected end.
Still, for those who enjoyed the plot, it is wrapped up nicely though plenty of room for sequels should they ever exist. For those who loved the fan-service the final sequence is definitely ensuring you don’t forget this show is full of it. So there’s enough going on here to make most viewers feel this show was worth the time.
Was this the most thrilling end ever? Probably not, but at the same time it did its job and overall I’m feeling pretty happy with watching this.
Now I have to get my thoughts together for a full review.
- Episode 1: An Isekai Entry With A Bit of Ear Nibbling
- Episode 2: Fan-Service and Boobs in Fantasy Land
- Episode 3: Fight the Fallen
- Episode 4: Overpowered Protagonist Balanced Against Real Consequences (With a Healthy Dose of Fan-Service)
- Episode 5: Princesses, Demon Lords and Imperial Knights
- Episode 6: A Flimsy Excuse For Flimsy Outfits
- Episode 7: Overwriting = Bad but Command = Good?
- Episode 8: Is It Not A Game?
- Episode 9: The Good, The Bad, and The Protagonist
- Episode 10: How Many Enemies Does Diablo Want?
- Episode 11: No More Games
Thanks for reading.
Consider supporting the blog by:
Or use one of my affiliate product links: