It’s May 1 which makes this the official third anniversary of 100 Word Anime. Which just means this blog has lasted three years longer than expected and for that I have the community to thank. Writing about anime has been so much fun, but a lot of the enjoyment comes from the people I’ve met and the conversations I’ve had since starting the blog.
So, I’d really like to take the opportunity to thank all my followers, particularly those who take the time out of their day to leave me a comment or to discuss anime with me. It really means the world to me and I’d love to thank you all individually but know that you have my sincerest gratitude.
And an extra special thank-you to those who have been supporting me on Patron or through Ko-Fi. I really appreciate it and you are helping me slowly get to my goal of making the blog my full-time gig.
While April of 2019 was the first month since the blog began that I did not post everyday, 100 Word Anime is still going very strong with the 4th year looking to be another fantastic year. However, to celebrate the year that was, I am going to start us off with the first give-away I’ve ever run on the blog.
For your chance to win either a Cardcaptor Sakura figure or a Haruhi Suzumiya figure (no box – 2nd hand purchase and Haruhi doesn’t come with her guitar, still looks awesome though – one day I’ll be able to offer a more substantial prize), just click the link below and enter.
This weekend I’ll do a quick review of the year that was stat-wise and set some goals for the next year for those who are interested but here are some of the highlights of the third year blogging:
- At the start of 2019 I launched my new avatar as I finally commissioned an avatar just for the blog and connected social media.
- I reached the goal of 10000 views in a single month, actually managing to hit 11000 views in January. That was super exciting.
- I published the second e-book compilation with my review content from 2018.
- The blog got hit with a number of DMCA removal notices that with the help of some advice from other bloggers (thank you) in a similar position were successfully overturned. Fun, copyright laws.
- I watched and reviewed a lot of anime and collaborated with a number of other bloggers to discuss some very fun shows.
- I continued to have a lot of fun with the blog and with the community.
I really am looking forward to another year of blogging and another year in the ani-blogging community. Check out the post over the weekend as I set some new goals and targets for the fourth year but for now, I am sending another huge thank-you out to the community for all the support you’ve shown me over the past three years.
Thanks for reading
100 Word Anime.