Banba, Lin, and all the other hitmen, torturers, assassins, hackers and other unsavoury characters continue to enthral as this anime enters its final stage. There is blood being spilled aplenty in this episode as well as some sweeter moments and some funny moments. Somehow the balance is just right and we continue driving smoothly toward a conclusion that I really hope manages to bring this series to a truly satisfying end.
However, this week is all about betrayal. Past betrayals returning to bite characters, current betrayals, fake betrayals, justifying betrayal, and it all feeds into the motives of these characters as they are manoeuvred into position for what will hopefully be a spectacular confrontation in the final episode. My only real request though is that Lin gets a happy ending.
There’s not much else to say about this episode. If you’ve been watching the series up until now, the story continues very well. If you haven’t been watching the series and a bit of blood and violence aren’t enough to put you off (early instance of sexual assault), then give this series a go, it is totally worth it.
- Episode 10: Two Episodes To Go And All The Threads Are Coming Together
- Episode 9: This Confirms It – Lin Needs a Hug
- Episode 8: I Think We Need A Spin-Off Series Called Saito’s Revenge
- Episode 7: About Time Someone Tried To Kill the Hacker
- Episode 6: Mistaken Identity Can Be Fun
- Episode 5: Why Not a Ninja?
- Episode 4: And With That The First Story Draws To A Close – And Then They Play Baseball
- Episode 3: Game On
- Episode 2: The Plot Thickens
- Episode 1: Hitmen, Detectives, and Corruption
- Friday’s Feature: Why Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens Works
Thanks for reading.
If you enjoyed this post and would like to see more great content on this blog, consider becoming a patron for as little as $1 a month.
Another way you can support the content here is by buying a copy of ‘Thoughts on Anime 2017‘ as an ebook. It contains a selection of reviews, features and top 5 lists from 2017 and while the content is available free on the site, this is a great way to give a one off show of support for the blog. It is available for $3.99.
Finally, you can use the affiliate link to shop at Play-Asia.com if you are interested in anime, soundtracks, figures or games. Should you use the link and make a purchase, I will receive a small percentage of the purchase price.