No villainous yokai this week, just a misunderstood kitten and that makes this episode of this anime pretty tragic to watch even if it is a story we’ve all seen before.
The yokai of the week this week is so incredibly cute. It is really hard to see where this story goes because ultimately this isn’t a yokai deliberately causing issues. The issue this week is simply caused because he is a yokai. I was kind of glad that the situation resolved itself without too much direct intervention from Kitaro, but it did make for a pretty tragic tale. Also, the son getting brownie points at the end just kind of made me roll my eyes a little bit.
Still, this episode goes a long way to helping me believe that this anime won’t get too repetitive as they maintain a monster of the week formula. They’ve so far found a variety of ways to play with the standard story line and hopefully that will continue as the series goes on.
- Episode 5: Rat Man Really Doesn’t Learn
- Episode 4: A More Traditional Walk Through A Forest
- Episode 3: Aww, He Can Make Human Friends Too.
- Episode 2: Monster Friends Defeat Monster of the Week
- GeGeGe No Kitaro First Impressions
Thanks for reading.
Consider supporting the blog by:
- Becoming a patron
- Buy the ebook ‘Thoughts on Anime 2017‘
- Use the affiliate link to shop Play-Asia
14 thoughts on “GeGeGe No Kitaro Episode 6: It’s Sad When There’s No Villain”