My Roommate is a Cat Episode 4 Review
The problem with being impulsive is it comes with a whole bunch of ongoing impacts that could have been foreseen if the initial event had been planned. Anyone who owns a pet knows the raft of responsibilities it brings with it, and the joy and love. However Subaru, in My Roommate is a Cat did not go looking to pick up a pet cat. He picked up Haru on a whim and can barely look after himself let alone a pet.
Fortunately, the ripples have already begun to swirl about him and his editor is hanging around more often than not as is his self-proclaimed child-hood friend. They both invade his house (he really should change the locks) for breakfast and the end result is Subaru being dragged out to buy a collar which then leads to the discovery that he hasn’t had Haru taken to the vet which then leads to the discovery that he’s actually been over-feeding Haru and as a former stray Haru will eat whenever food is around.
It’s a simple situation but one made fairly entertaining by Subaru’s utter lack of preparedness. It’s a trait I’m sure many people can recognise when people who are super into routines do suddenly do something unexpectedly, they struggle to deal with the flow on disruptions. They aren’t used to taking things as they come or trying something new so every step becomes a hurdle that is utterly and completely exhausting.
For once, the whole way through the episode I just kept wondering what Haru thought of all the antics that dragged her about to the vet and back. It is finally very clear to me why they’ve set up this formula of Haru’s perspective at the end. It may not always be golden, but there are now times when I’m anticipating hearing the cat’s view on issues and I’m wondering during the first telling how Haru sees things. It lifts the fairly mundane into something that is just that little bit more interesting.
This series continues to be a relaxing delight for cat lovers and while it isn’t anything super-special, I’m certainly having fun with it.
Or, use one of my product affiliate links.
SPLATOON KOSHIEN 2019 OFFICIAL FAN BOOK
- My Roommate is a Cat Series Review
- Episode 1: Adopt a Kitten, It Could Save Your Life
- Episode 2: If I Sit On It, It’s Mine – So Says The Cat
- Episode 3: The Beginning of the Journey For The Cat and The Writer
- Episode 4: From One Person To Another – Must Be A Conspiracy
- Episode 5: This Week Witness Happy Sparkles From Pet Ownership
- Episode 6: The Awkward Cat Belongs With An Awkward Human
- Episode 7: Finding Value In The Unexpected and Uncontrollable
- Episode 8 and 9: Dreaming of the Past and Protecting the Present
- Episode 10: The Quiet Joy of Sharing a Meal
- Episode 11: The Overnight Trip That Awakens Emotions
- Episode 12: You Don’t Know What You Got Til It’s Gone
- Images from: My Roommate is a Cat. Dir. K Suzuki. Zero-G. 2019.