A Certain Magical Index Episode 11 Review
Reminder: the poll is now open for you to vote on the best and worst anime of the 2018 Autumn Anime Season. Be sure to jump in and have your say.
I’ve been saying for awhile that at the mid-season I was going to cut this from my watch list. It ended up happening a bit earlier. While watching episode 11 and being bored senseless as Touma and Index went through their usual ‘I’m hungry’ shtick at the airport before we get introduced to the apparent Queen of England and three Princesses who all look totally appropriate for the role.
After some more exposition and dialogue we get the usual joke about Touma being broke and then we hit the road to find some terrorists. However, it was at that point that my boredom gave way to annoyance.
They introduce the new terrorists the exact same way we were introduced to other random groups who ended up being of no-consequence earlier in the season. See one of the group talking on a phone before we skip over to another and each one does some sort of look or thing to distinguish themselves and once we’ve had a look at each one get some random comedic misadventure that leads to an encounter between one of the terrorists and Touma.
Cut over to another one who smugly claims she’s going to succeed and then she’s facing our B team of magicians leading into another action sequence. It was sometime around there I killed the episode. I have no interest in these new characters; I barely have any interest left in the ongoing cast. I find it amazing that I will sooner finish watching Conception than even finish one more episode of this show and I realised that Conception might be bad, trash, and fairly poorly written, but at least it hasn’t managed to bore me as much as Index has this season.
So, no season review of this one because I won’t be finishing out the season.
Or, use one of my product affiliate links.
THE ART OF YOH YOSHINARI ILLUSTRATIONS
- Episodes 1 + 2 – That Time Something Happened to Kamijou
- Episode 3 – More Jargon More Punching
- Episode 4 – Ditch the Main Cast and Go For A Ride
- Episode 5 – I’m Glad I’m Not The Only One Confused
- Episodes 6 + 7 – A Certain Villainous Laugh and a Meandering Plot Line
- Episode 8 – A Fight Between Saints Should Be Exciting, Right?
- Episode 9 – The Moment You Know The Magic Is Gone
- Episode 10 – Exposition on A Plane With Index and the Terrorist
- Episode 11 – Dropping A Certain Magical Index