Voice of Fox Episode 8 Review
Even as Hu Li thinks it is all over, a surprise is headed his way when Hetian challenges him in the finals. Caught by this surprising announcement, Hu Li is taken even further by surprise when he is literally carried away in a sack. Once again the drama of this show is slightly ill-balanced against its more humorous moments and Hu Li getting rolled out of the hospital and knocked silly in the process wasn’t exactly the best this show has had to offer, even if it did transition us smoothly to the next part of the show.
We’ve finally been given a motive for Sky’s actions as well as the reasons for certain other characters acting suspicious. The one thing we don’t have is clear confirmation as to who Sky is, though the suspect list is pretty low at this point in time so I’m kind of thinking my earlier thoughts are correct. I’d happily be proven wrong but I’m pretty sure we’re out of time for another twist in this story.
However, in order to take up Hetian’s challenge, Hu Li is going to have to get over his sense of inferiority and that idea that he doesn’t deserve to be on the stage or live his dreams. It might seem pretty straight forward but Sky was not the only ghost haunting Hu Li and a lot of the drama that has unfolded has been entirely of his own sub-conscious-es making. I’m hoping he does get over it because Voice of Fox has taken me on an emotional ride and I really want Hu Li to have his moment even if he doesn’t win.
That said, Hu Li isn’t the only character with ghosts to face. Kong Que is coming to terms with the fact that it was he who needed Hu Li and that without a ghost singer, he might as well be a ghost, and he isn’t taking it well. It certainly sets up a rocky future and I’m thinking this isn’t the last we’re going to see of the now dumped idol.
Still, the preview for next week looks like it is going to delve into the past of these characters and I’m hoping that then clears the way for a final run to the end with more singing and less angst. Not so much because the drama hasn’t been fun, but more that I’m ready for these characters to get a little bit of happiness and want them to get a happily ever after. Or at least an ever after.
Play Asia Exclusive
- Episode 1 – Curiosity
- Episode 2 – It Isn’t Paranoia When They Are Watching
- Episode 3 – Relying on Coincidence, Mishap and Luck
- Episode 4 – Is Hu Li Losing His Resolve?
- Episode 5 – Can Hu Li Actually Conquer Sky’s Twisted Challenge
- Episode 6 – The Incredible Realisation That This Anime is Amazing
- Episode 7 – The Fallout From A Fox’s Shattered Reputation
- Episode 8 – Do These Characters Have the Courage to Face Their Ghosts?
- Episode 9 – Rumours and Lies, Tragedies and Triumphs
- Episode 10 – It’s Never As Simple As Follow Your Dream
- Episode 11 – Voice of Rumours Vs Voice of Reason
- Episode 12 – The Final Face off For The Fox