Another episode of Cells at Work came out and if you were just craving more relaxing, slightly amusing and slightly educational entertainment, then this episode is going to hit the spot. It is however short on platelet and red blood cell sightings so if that’s your main reason for enjoying Cells at Work you might feel a bit let down.
Still, this episode focuses in on an ordinary cell that is going about it’s usual day of cloning itself and generally feeling the drag of repeating the same task every day. Then he meets another cell that is wearing quite a distinctive hat. For the audience it is clear where this is going and yet there’s something still genuinely amusing about the interactions between the two as they prank the immune cells – and this also leads to really the only interaction we get with the Red Blood Cell and Platelets so I guess we should be happy that they take advantage of her general cluelessness.
As usual, once the episode gets rolling and we’ve met our characters the shoe drops and we have our problem to solve. I don’t think this one was as violent or as bloody as some encounters have been and the focus on the Killer T Cells who seem more interesting in beating the cells up rather than defeating them is potentially the reason for it, but it all works well enough.
Then, of course, we get our feel good ending and a final Red Blood Cell sighting.
If this had aired with the rest of the series it would be a pretty average episode. As a stand alone it works well enough and you aren’t really required to know anything going in because all the cells are introduced within the episode. That said, it isn’t terribly exciting as a stand alone. It works. It isn’t as cute or thrilling as some. And then it is over.
Worth watching if you loved the series or maybe as an introduction but not a necessary add on.
Or, use one of my product affiliate links.
NENDOROID NO. 1036 CELLS AT WORK!: PLATELET
- Episode 1: The Adorable Edutainment Entry
- Episode 2: The Adventures of a Directionally Challenged Red-Blood Cell Continue
- Episode 3: The Zombie Horde of Flu-Ridden Cells
- Episode 4: Everyone Has Their Own Job
- Episode 5: Maybe They Should Rewrite The Manual?
- Episode 6: The Cute Before The Storm
- Episode 7: Born To Die
- Episode 8: Be Your Best You
- Episode 9: Do I Admit Now I’m Only Watching for the Cute?
- Episode 10: Back To Formula
- Episode 11: This Episode is Hot
- Episode 12: Red Gets a Kohai – And It’s the End of the World
- Episode 13: It’s Not Over Until It Is Over
- Cells At Work Series Review