Things are getting hot this week in Cells at Work as the body face dehydration and heat stroke. However, in amongst all the sweaty red blood cells and adorable platelets, how was the actual episode?
I really loved this episode. It is definitely returning to the straight formula of setting up a specific issue for the episode and explaining the different steps the system takes to deal with it, but this time, much like with the pollen allergy, the body failed to overcome the issue without external help. I think it really helps the plausibility of the setting to know that sometimes the body just can’t cope with the issue on its own despite all the cells doing their jobs and working hard.
The characters this week were quite fun even if the platelets and red blood cells spent most of the time sweating and mentioning how hot it is. I also liked the cracked and barren landscape of the epidermis to represent the dehydration that was occurring because of the temperature.
Once again, I feel this episode really found a great balance between entertainment and education. It most definitely is walking you through the steps your body takes to regulate temperature but the cast really bring it to life and make it seem kind of fun. Plus the side story with the white blood cell fighting a germ despite the extreme conditions kept things lively and moving along. Really enjoyable watch this week.
- Episode 1: The Adorable Edutainment Entry
- Episode 2: The Adventures of a Directionally Challenged Red-Blood Cell Continue
- Episode 3: The Zombie Horde of Flu-Ridden Cells
- Episode 4: Everyone Has Their Own Job
- Episode 5: Maybe They Should Rewrite The Manual?
- Episode 6: The Cute Before The Storm
- Episode 7: Born To Die
- Episode 8: Be Your Best You
- Episode 9: Do I Admit Now I’m Only Watching for the Cute?
- Episode 10: Back To Formula
Thanks for reading.
Consider supporting the blog by:
Or use one of my affiliate product links: