I must be getting better at this as I definitely got this nomination turned around faster than most (or it could be that Steins;Gate didn’t air and I had some free time I wasn’t anticipating). Whichever way, I would like to thank Average Joe for the nomination.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the questions sent to you.
- Nominate around 10 bloggers (3 is around 10).
- Create your own set of questions for your nominees and display the rules.
01. Which western produced cartoon do you think would work best in an anime format and why?
Does Archer count? I’m going to be honest, I don’t watch a lot of western produced cartoons nor do I really think things that aren’t anime need to be presented in anime format. Still, I think Archer could be kind of fun as an anime.
02. Which novel series do you want adapted into a movie or show?
I’d really love to see Tracy Hardings ‘The Ancient Future’ trilogy turned into at least a tele-movie at some point. It would be visually fantastic to see the story play out, though they would probably need to do some deep cutting of the plot to actually get it down to something manageable within a movie. That, and some of the stuff in the third book probably wouldn’t go over so well with a wider audience so might need to be hollywoodified to actually make it successful. Still, just the thought of seeing the characters brought to life would be pretty cool. If not this series, then I would have to say more or less any of David Eddings book series would make for a cool movie or TV show.
03. What candy is your favourite and why?
Do I just say chocolate? Actually, I’m pretty hooked on minties as well as m&m’s so maybe just anything with sugar counts.
04. What fictional universe would you most want to live in and why? P.S You would be integral to that universe.
Let’s go with Sword Art Online, because the plot armour is strong with that one for the main characters and that sounds good to me if I’m integral. Unless I’m the person who dies first to bring home the tragedy. Oh no.
05. In an essay of no more than 300 words, if there were any anime you wish had been written differently, what would you have written?
Let’s bring back Kado: The Right Answer.
Only this time, after the issue with the Wam is resolved through japan handing over the ones provided because they can make their own, instead of introducing further devices and the like, let’s actually just deal with the way unlimited power actually changes humanity. Also, let’s spend some episodes dealing with the clear change in Shindo due to the fact that he was the first human Yaha-Kui ZaShunina processed. And then, let’s not make ZaShunina some comically bad villain but let’s actually just have him be genuinely curious about humans will respond to these advances and changes.
And let’s erase the time travelling future daughter who deus ex machina’s the heck out of the ending. instead, let’s just see how Japan and the world progress, build a conflict between either nations or some kind of economic upheaval due to the new power source, and use that as the final boss to be overcome.
Seriously, up until the midway point this show was excellent. The next third was passable and the anime still could have pulled off its ending. The final third was a train wreck that should be destroyed.
06. Who’s your waifu or husbando and why?
I think I’m going to pass on this one. Though if you just want a crush, Sebastian always works for me.
Nominations (feel free to pass):
Questions (same as for part one + 2):
- What would you most like to change about yourself or your life?
- If you could travel in time to the past but once you were there you had to stay, would you go and what time would you go to?
- What technology are you most excited about for the future?
Thanks for reading.
Consider supporting the blog by: