Sword Art Online Alicization Episode 19 Review
After spending a week recapping, this episode looks like it is going to go much the same way with Kirito and Alice still chatting on the ledge outside the tower. Amazingly enough, Alice ‘feels’ that she does know the name ‘Selka’ and so concludes Kirito must be telling the truth about everything and therefore determines to fight against everything she’s been protecting up until now.
I don’t know about you, but this seemed way too easy. I mean, the best cons are the ones that seamlessly blend the truth with the lie. Just because Alice had a sister named Selka doesn’t mean that Kirito was being truthful about the rest of the stuff he said but Alice accepts the whole lot at face value based on one feeling.
Anyway, we already knew what happened to those who tried to break the laws and Alice’s eye begins giving her the alert. Despite being warned by Kirito, or maybe because of it, Alice chooses to defy the law anyway and pop. I just have to say, that has to hurt.
We then cut to Eugeo who is having some nightmare before he wakes up and goes through his own kind of brainwashing. Again it seems a little too simple to convince him, but I guess there’s something going on inside his head as well as the words being said as it seems like his memories are getting cut off or skewed so that might explain it. Honestly though, it all seemed a little too easy and what kind of argument is ‘your mother didn’t only love you’. Of course one person had love for more than one other individual.
Anyway, despite the usual issues when anime characters seem to get brainwashed or hypnotised in about three seconds, this leads to an interesting possibility now that it seems like Alice is joining Kirito and Eugeo is joining the other side. Now it would just be nice to get to some of those interesting possibilities and not have another episode with Kirito and Alice sitting on a ledge.
Or, use one of my product affiliate links.
SWORD ART ONLINE 1/7 SCALE PRE-PAINTED FIGURE: ASUNA HAREGI VER.
- Alicization Series Review
- Alicization Episode 1: SAO is Back, But Does it Work?
- Alicization Episode 2: He’s Back in the Game
- Alicization Episode 3: Oh Look, A Shiny New Sword
- Alicization Episode 4: Kirito is Back
- Alicization Episode 5: Asuna’s Turn
- Alicization Episode 6: In The Absence of Action, We Get Attack of the Talking Heads
- Alicization Episode 7: Can Eugeo Find the Confidence to Be Independent?
- Alicization Episode 8: How Does Kirito’s Belief in Himself Cause Success?
- Alicization Episode 9: Discover the Noble Spirit Hidden Within A Would Be Swordsman
- Alicization Episode 10: Warning Labels and Defeating Taboos in SAO
- Alicization Episode 11: Why More Time Isn’t Helping This Story
- Alicization Episode 12: Short Battle Followed By Attack of the Exposition
- Alicization Episode 13: SAO Now Presents the Information Dump To Defeat All Information Dumps
- Alicization Episode 14: Fire Meets Ice Before the Tower Climb
- Alicization Episode 15: Harsh Comparison of Experience and Naive Ignorance in Battle
- Alicization Episode 16: They Came, They Rode An Elevator, Now They’ll Fight
- Alicization Episode 17: They’ll Need Teamwork If They’re Going To Make It To The Top
- Alicization Episode 18: A Frosty Reception After A Clash of Ideologies
- Alicization Episode 18.5: Recap
- Alicization Episode 19: The Story of Brainwashing and Exploding Eye-Balls
- Alicization Episode 20: The Friend Turned Foe
- Alicization Episode 21: The Power of Friendship Strikes Back
- Alicization Episode 22: Anime Characters Should Not Review Their Own Episode
- Alicization Episode 23: Empty Promises Preceding Empty Actions
- Alicization Episode 24: And Apparently We’re Done For Now
- Images from: Sword Art Online Alicization. Dir. M Ono. A-1 Pictures. 2018.