That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Episode 19 Review
Once again Slime goes about showing the audience that we really should not be invested in any of the situations. This anime is always about the joke and the punch line and bringing things back to a very relaxed level so even as increasingly dangerous foes appear, the actual impact of these encounters remains pretty negligible. That doesn’t make it bad, just kind of forgettable. If you were chasing an epic fight scene after the setup at the end of the last episode you’d be left disappointed, but Slime has consistently maintained its tone and feel so the outcome here as Rimuru hands the fight over to Milim to wrap up in one hit isn’t exactly a surprise.
Much like the fight with the Orc Lord, this fight begins with all the support cast getting a brief moment to shine against the lackeys. The ogres, goblins, lizards, orcs, and even the borrowed knights, each get to take down some of the flying shark things and each of these moments is fun enough to watch. Then we get to Charybdis and all the supporting characters are sidelined as Rimuru takes centre stage.
I hadn’t really bought Rimuru’s reason for telling Milim to stay out of the fight in the first place so I was kind of waiting for when she’d either jump in and get involved or he would change his mind. What I didn’t expect that mid-battle Rimuru would realise that Charybdis was after Milim and would just turn his back on the enemy and essentially tell Milim it was her problem to deal with. I’m guess this is supposed to be amusing but given how Rimuru isn’t taking this threat seriously it makes it hard to care. Like watching characters swatting flies really given their Rimuru and Milim’s absolute lack of concern.
Anyway, one episode after being introduced the big-bad catastrophe is finished, Rimuru has made yet another alliance, and the masked faced weirdo group are now known to be stirring trouble. All nice and neat and ready to move on.
Or, use one of my product affiliate links.
THAT TIME I GOT REINCARNATED AS A SLIME B2 WALL SCROLL: SHIZU (RE-RUN)
- Episode 1 – Strictly Set Up
- Episode 2 – So I Ate A Dragon and A Snake And A Bat Thing…
- Episode 3 – Submissive Wolves and Buff Goblins
- Episode 4 – Dwarven Blacksmiths and Giggling Elves
- Episode 5 – Past Wrongs and Future Destinies
- Episode 6 – The Importance of Pacing To Build Tension
- Episode 7 – Miraculous Survival of the Slime
- Episode 8 – 3 Ways Slime Is Exploring Endings and Beginnings
- Episode 9 – Watch The Slime Playing with Powers and Defeating Ogres
- Episode 10 – Slime, Ogres and Lizardmen; The Coming Conflict Looks Colourful
- Episode 11 – The Worst Way To Learn the Skill of Diplomacy
- Episode 12 – How Even The Best Laid Plans Can Be Derailed by Idiots
- Episode 13 – War: Crushing March of the Overpowered Monsters
- Episode 14 – The Fitting End of the Orc Lord Courtesy of the Slime
- Episode 15 – The Accidental Creation of a Slime Nation
- Episode 16 – Can You Catch More Demon Lords with Honey?
- Episode 17 – That Time The Powerful Slime Decided To Dabble in Diplomacy
- Episode 18 – The Slime, The Demon Lord and The Flying Sharks?
- Episode 19 – That Time We Defeated a Catastrophe Without Really Trying
- Images from: That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime. Dir. Y Kikuchi. 8Bit. 2018.