There’s a definite sense of excitement when I see so many of my posts from last year coming together into a single form.
For the second year in a row I’ve compiled an ebook with the content from my blog though this time I’m selling direct via PayPal. You have your choice of PDF, EPUB or MOBI formats and you will receive your copy via email after payment. Patrons, if you haven’t already got your copy, go to this post on Patreon and it should allow you to download the version you want – if it doesn’t work let me know ASAP and I will email you a copy.
Thoughts on Anime 2018 ebook
Collection of reviews, features, and top 5’s from the blog in 2018 including reviews completed for patrons only. Available in EPUB, MOBI, or PDF forms. No images.
Buying the ebook helps support the work I do on 100 Word Anime and hopefully I’ll be able to continue to grow the blog and produce content people would like to read. Though I would like to take this moment to ask that you consider becoming a patron.
Now before we get too much further I do need to do a major shout out to all of my wonderful patrons and to those who have donated to 100 Word Anime during 2018. In particular I’d like to give a special thank you to:
- Kendra Ressler: https://whatsinastoryblog.wordpress.com/
- Irina: https://drunkenanimeblog.com/
- Brittanie: https://bannetblog.wordpress.com/
- Akira Akimoto: https://morinovel.wordpress.com/
- Aaron C (Blade Ninja): https://www.youtube.com/user/BladeNinja009
- Yomu: https://umaiyomu.wordpress.com/
- Xenodude: https://xenodude.com/
So, what’s in the book?
Well, almost all my Top 5’s from 2018, including my best of 2018 Top 5 lists that technically haven’t finished coming out on my blog just yet with my top 5 males and top 5 anime of the year still to be published.
Almost all of my Features are included.
Now if you are wondering why some Top 5’s and some Features have been left out part of that is because the book was starting to clock up a massive word count, and the other part is that occasionally I write a feature directly related to something happening during a particular week and it really isn’t relevant to anyone a month later. Also, a handful of my Top 5’s last year were on horror movies rather than anime so they thematically didn’t fit.
As for series reviews:
- Cells at Work (Summer)
- Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens (Winter)
- March Comes in Like a Lion Season 2 (Winter)
- Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai (Autumn)
- Dakaichi (Autumn)
- DamePri Anime Caravan (Winter)
- Goblin Slayer (Autumn)
- How Not To Summon a Demon Lord (Summer)
- How to Keep a Mummy (Winter)
- Lostorage Conflated Wixoss (Spring)
- Phantom in the Twilight (Summer)
- ReLIFE Final Arc (Winter)
- Rokuhoudou Yostuiro Biyori (Spring)
- School Babysitters (Winter)
- Skull-Face Bookseller Honda-San (Autumn)
- Space Battleship Tiramisu (Spring)
- Spiritpact – Bond of the Underworld (Winter)
- Steins;Gate 0 (Summer)
- Tada Doesn’t Fall in Love (Spring)
- The Ancient Magus’ Bride (Winter)
- Xuan Yuan Sword Luminary (Autumn)
- 100 Sleeping Princes and the Kingdom of Dreams (Summer)
- 3D Kanojo: Real Girl (Spring)
- A.I.C.O Incarnate (Winter)
- Angolmois: Record of Mongol Invasion (Summer)
- B the Beginning (Winter)
- Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card (Spring)
- Cute High Earth Defense Club Happy Kiss (Spring)
- Darling in the Franxx (Spring)
- Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody (Winter)
- Devilman Crybaby (Winter)
- Doreiku (Spring)
- Jingai-San no Yome (Autumn)
- Junji Ito Collection (Winter)
- Kokkoku (Winter)
- Libra of Nil Admirari (Spring)
- Record of Grancrest War (Spring)
- Release the Spyce (Autumn)
- Sanrio Boys (Winter)
- Caligula (Spring)
- Devils’ Line (Spring)
- The Master of Ragnarok (Summer)
- Tokyo Ghoul RE (Spring)
Well, there’s just a few series reviews. Also episode reviews are included in the appendices for a large number of shows covered last year and all patron only episode reviews are included. Plus, episode reviews of Dakaichi and Goblin Slayer that I never published on the blog because I was reviewing after every four episodes with Arthifis so I just wrote up my episode thoughts for the book.
Hopefully the contents page works in all formats so you should be able to easily navigate between sections and reviews are arranged alphabetically by season. Obviously if you have any issues with the ebook or the format, please contact me and I’ll send you another copy or a different version. This is my first attempt at doing this alone so it may not have worked out perfectly. However, I’m fairly confident I’ve got it.
But, if $6 is seeming a little too much for a year’s content (actually I get it, we’re all working on a budget), I have a slimmer version of the book available.
Short Thoughts on Anime 2018 ebook
Smaller selection of features, top 5's and reviews from 2018 on the blog. Available in EPUB, MOBI, or PDF forms. No images.
For the price of a ko-fi you can get the short version of the ebook. The only episode reviews included in the short version are for anime series that were reviewed exclusively for patrons or did not appear on my blog at all. A number of series reviews were removed as were a handful of top 5’s and features.
Basically instead of 220,000+ words that you get in the whole ebook, you only get 130,000+ words. It still makes for a pretty good read if I do say so myself, but it is definitely the trim version.
This is a one-off way of supporting 100 Word Anime throughout 2019. I’d really love to see this blog grow and I am continuing to work on producing content for people to enjoy. Consider lending a hand and getting a compilation of the 2018 content.
By the way, if you can’t make up your mind, or can’t right now but think you might want to buy the book later, it is available in the bookshop which you can access via the sidebar.
Thanks again and happy reading.
Thanks for reading
Three great ways you can support 100 Word Anime: