That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Episode 13 Review Review
This week Rimuru and a selection of the kijin (evolved ogres), goblins (including Gobta) and direwolves go to their meeting with the lizardmen to form their alliance and take on the orcs. Only to discover that Gabiru has indeed stuffed things up by taking action on his own. Go figure.
Still, after some fairly unnecessary begging and pleading by the daughter of the lizard-chief Rimuru forms an alliance with the lizardmen using the daughter as a proxy representative and then proceeds to do nothing while his overpowered forces proceed to annihilate the orcs.
We already knew Rimuru was way OP but seeing the extent to which his subordinates are wiping out that army was a pretty impressive display of brazenly making an entire cast OP. It is a good thing I don’t actually care whether characters are overpowered as long as I still care about them, and the ogres have made a good case for me actually feeling happy about them getting some revenge after their village was wiped out and the rest of their clan eaten. Okay, there’s no tension in this scene at all because you don’t for a moment believe that anyone other than the orcs are at risk of dying, but it is an impressive visual spectacle and while it might seem petty watching the kijin blast and cut their way through the ogres was great fun. As was Ranga’s fairly impressive display.
And, it is clear that Rimuru isn’t going to sit things out for good. He’s clearly been on the lookout for the orc lord and by the end of the episode he’s spotted him. I guess that means when we get the next episode we’ll have a Rimuru vs Orc Lord scenario though maybe he’ll let the ogres handle it. Who knows?
So, no real surprises this week but if you like this kind of fantasy war setting this was fun enough.
Thanks for reading
Three great ways you can support 100 Word Anime:
Or, use one of my product affiliate links.
THAT TIME I GOT REINCARNATED AS A SLIME – RIMURU-SAMA AND FRIENDS FULL COLOR MUG CUP
- Episode 1 – Strictly Set Up
- Episode 2 – So I Ate A Dragon and A Snake And A Bat Thing…
- Episode 3 – Submissive Wolves and Buff Goblins
- Episode 4 – Dwarven Blacksmiths and Giggling Elves
- Episode 5 – Past Wrongs and Future Destinies
- Episode 6 – The Importance of Pacing To Build Tension
- Episode 7 – Miraculous Survival of the Slime
- Episode 8 – 3 Ways Slime Is Exploring Endings and Beginnings
- Episode 9 – Watch The Slime Playing with Powers and Defeating Ogres
- Episode 10 – Slime, Ogres and Lizardmen; The Coming Conflict Looks Colourful
- Episode 11 – The Worst Way To Learn the Skill of Diplomacy
- Episode 12 – How Even The Best Laid Plans Can Be Derailed by Idiots
- Episode 13 – War: Crushing March of the Overpowered Monsters
- Episode 14 – The Fitting End of the Orc Lord Courtesy of the Slime
- Episode 15 – The Accidental Creation of a Slime Nation
- Episode 16 – Can You Catch More Demon Lords with Honey?
- Episode 17 – That Time The Powerful Slime Decided To Dabble in Diplomacy
- Episode 18 – The Slime, The Demon Lord and The Flying Sharks?
- Episode 19 – That Time We Defeated a Catastrophe Without Really Trying
- Episode 20 – Well It’s Been Fun, But Now We’ll Count Down Until The End
- Episode 21 – Who Would Have Thought That All You Need Is A Dog And Unlimited Power?
- Episode 22 – That Time We Found a Fairy Who is a Demon Lord?
- Episode 23 – That Time The Show Ended And The Audience Wondered Why?
- Episode 24 (Extra) – And Then Shizue Stole the Anime Right Out From Under Rimuru
- Episode 24.5 (Padding) – Now Worth The Slime
- Images from: That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime. Dir. Y Kikuchi. 8Bit. 2018.