Voice of Fox Episode 7 Review
Last week saw the dramatic conclusion of Hu Li’s career as a ghost singer when his presence was revealed live on TV. This week, idol fans do what they do best in this sort of media (and unfortunately occasionally in real life), they went a little crazy. Threatening to beat him up, stalking him on social media, and generally being as unpleasant as humanly possible, Hu Li is driven into a corner thick and fast.
And does the company who hired him do anything resembling damage control? Yep. They fire him, charge him for damages, fire the actual performer too (and I’m guessing he’s the board of director’s son or something from that exchange), and pretty much hang them out to dry. But that’s cool. They have a plan. Hu Li will be desperate for money so he’ll come back and write music for them again.
Of course, that’s assuming he doesn’t take a header off the roof and as we return to where the series began you seriously wonder if he will or not. What I liked was that he wasn’t feeling excessively sorry for himself. It was more he felt like he was causing trouble for those around him, including his friend Chuyun, and he had run out of options to improve the situation. So while it might be accused of melodrama, Voice of Fox feels like its built up to this moment sufficiently to carry the scene.
And then, because it isn’t the end just yet, Sky sends Hu Li another message (why Hu Li keeps talking to Sky or paying him any attention is beyond me at this point). Of course, this is where the episode ends leaving us wanting the next part of the story as they intended and I don’t really know that this is needed at this juncture. I’m hooked. I don’t need these to be continued baited endings to keep me coming back.
Still, this one remains one of my surprise hits for the season and while it may not be able to go toe to toe with some more notable titles, it remains fairly impressive for what it is.
Or, use one of my product affiliate links.
Anime Kitsune no Koe -Voice Of Fox- Original Soundtrack
- Episode 1 – Curiosity
- Episode 2 – It Isn’t Paranoia When They Are Watching
- Episode 3 – Relying on Coincidence, Mishap and Luck
- Episode 4 – Is Hu Li Losing His Resolve?
- Episode 5 – Can Hu Li Actually Conquer Sky’s Twisted Challenge
- Episode 6 – The Incredible Realisation That This Anime is Amazing
- Episode 7 – The Fallout From A Fox’s Shattered Reputation
- Episode 8 – Do These Characters Have the Courage to Face Their Ghosts?
- Episode 9 – Rumours and Lies, Tragedies and Triumphs
- Episode 10 – It’s Never As Simple As Follow Your Dream
- Episode 11 – Voice of Rumours Vs Voice of Reason
- Episode 12 – The Final Face off For The Fox