Apparently, I’m unique. A huge thank you to Eumiiboo for the nomination. Now if you haven’t checked out their blog you really should because while I think they are covering one or two seasonal shows, they write some really great posts on manga and just some great discussion pieces. Great blog to follow if you are not.
I’m definitely learning that if I just don’t close the post that I’m nominated in, I’m actually far more likely to remember to post my reply because I’ve got a tab open in the back of everything else I’m doing reminding me to actually do it. Hopefully this system will mean I won’t neglect so many in the future (though, I get that it is far from perfect).
- Display the award!
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. (Try and include a little bit of promotion!)
- Answer the questions they’ve written for you!
- Nominate bloggers and give them three questions in the spirit of sharing love and solidarity within our blogging family
01. If you were to describe your life based on an anime character, who would it be, and of course why?
Probably some sort of cross between Ririchiyo from Inu x Boku with a little bit of Rei from March Comes in Like a Lion and Yuri from Yuri on Ice (yeah, I have some issues I need to sort out with self-confidence). Really though I am drawn to all three characters because I find their struggle reasonably relatable, in a much more low-key manner) and I really respect the work ethic of all of the characters. watching Ririchiyo take an entire night not to finish drafting a letter because she kept restarting was something I could definitely understand.
02. Now let’s try to get personal, what was one of the anime’s you’ve watch that left an impact on your life, or perhaps change your view in a certain point in your life.
I’d have to go with Sailor Moon. It was among the first anime I saw and I watched it when I was younger. But it was more that I finally found a group of female heroines who genuinely fought real danger and not some watered down version of villains, and they actually killed their opponents rather than making friends and playing nice with them (at least some of the time). I think Sailor Moon was my gateway to then falling in love with characters like Buffy, Xena, the cast of Charmed and so on. At the time it was just such a novelty to have that sort of female character in a story, particularly one that, in Australia at least, was being marketed to kids.
03. Imagine, you have been chosen to create a crossover between three anime series, which would it be and why?
Okay, so Syaoran and Sakura from Tsubasa Chronicles happen to travel into the world of Aincrad from SAO during their journey looking for Sakura’s memories. They meet Kirito who can’t ignore the damsel in distress aspect and so he joins them dragging Asuna along for the ride. After they defeat a floor boss and retrieve the feather they jump worlds again, this time ending up in the Black Butler universe where Ciel is holding a bunch of Sakura’s feathers and isn’t planning on handing them over any time soon. Sorry, who doesn’t want to see a fight between Ciel and Sebastian with Kirito and Syaoran? That would be straight up awesome.
I Nominate (but feel free to ignore):
01. What story made you incredibly angry and why?
02. If you could rewrite the ending to anyone story which would it be and what would you change?
03. Easy one – favourite opening theme song ever?
Thanks for reading.
Consider supporting the blog by: