While I’m not entirely convinced about this as an episode, I am happy that this franchise wrapped itself up. While they might force a continuation, there’s no sense that the story is unresolved when this episode closes.
Kiyoi has made it to the room of white windows finally and is determined to end the battles, though some people would still rather that the battles didn’t end. Every LRIG you ever loved is going to show up to join in this fight and while it is messy and any semblance of rules are going to get thrown out the window, you can’t say that they didn’t try to up the stakes and scale for this final showdown.
And that’s really the whole issue. As an episode, this is just a mess of characters shouting ideals and mumbling about doors and keys while a fight goes on that pretty much ignores any previously established rules about fights (turn taking, what is that). Yet it is fun and the characters are all pretty glorious so it is hard to actually fault it. Of course the most important part here is that they do in fact resolve the story and while it might seem a little bit of a cop out to get to a happily ever after, even undoing some of the impact of previous bitter-sweet conclusions, it actually does feel fairly satisfying to see these characters finally get to a happy ending.
- Episode 11: The End of The Battles?
- Episode 10: Battle, Battle, Battle
- Episode 9: When Worlds Collide
- Episode 8: The Condition To Win
- Episode 7: It’s Going To Be Fun When These Groups Converge
- Episode 6: It’s Totally Unfair, And That’s The Way It Is
- Episode 5: The Rules Are Breaking
- Episode 4: It Just Got Real
- Episode 3: New Rules; Same Trauma
- Episode 2: There’s Just No Escape
- Lostorage Conflated Wixoss First Impressions
- Lostorage Incited WIXOSS Series Review
Thanks for reading.
Consider supporting the blog by: