You would think Okabe would have learned by now that things are never done. There’s always some angle or thread he’s missed that will come back to bite him. Still, he feels things have come to an end bringing us to a resting point in the story.
Things moved pretty quick this episode from finding the computer, realising the person analysing it was Daru, the attack, chase sequence, explosive violence and then Maho leaving. It all came one thing on top of the other and yet didn’t feel rushed or overly cluttered. And while this was a far more interesting episode than the previous one, it still didn’t quite pack the punch of the midway point in the original series.
Still, they’ve brought us to a point where the plot has fairly infinite possibilities for where it might go next and it will be interesting to see what they do. The cast have all assembled, this world is fully constructed, but now the plot really needs to step it up and wow us to make this spin off feel like it was worth the time.
- Episode 10: And This Is Why Characters Should Speak
- Episode 9: Putting It Together
- Episode 8: Reliving The Tragedy
- Episode 7: Leaping To Conclusions is Fun
- Episode 6: And Round and Round We Go
- Episodes 4 + 5: It’s Never Over
- Episode 3: Kurisu and Okabe Still Have It
- Episode 2: Okabe Reacts
- Steins;Gate 0 First Impressions
Thanks for reading.
Consider supporting the blog by: