There are some stories that when they finished they leave you wanting more because they were just that good. This is not one of those stories.
Wow. So the brother shows up, rips the broken glasses off the face of the guy he assaulted, has them fixed but then essentially demands that said guy breaks up with his sister. Then he just kind of creepily hangs around, dropping the ‘we’re not blood relatives’ into a conversation with his sister (because that’s totally a normal thing to say). We won’t ever know where he’s actually been or why he’s so possessive of his sister, or even how they became not blood relative brother and sister because this is the last episode and this character arrived last week and somehow became significant even though, like most everything else, he isn’t.
Then we get the continuation of Itou and Ayoda’s non-romance which just kind of continues along its status quo going nowhere. Again, this is a final episode and we have a relationship that is essentially in an ongoing holding pattern. While this does happen in real life, it does not make for compelling viewing.
Finally we have our main couple who will, for reasons unknown, go through yet another communication break down as Tsutsui works to earn money to buy Iroha a ring. She insists she trusts him but gets all teary about it and so he hands over the ring and they get a kiss and that’s pretty much all she wrote. The kids all go for ramen.
That’s is it. No actual mention about the six month time limit on this relationship that was somehow a big deal way back when. Nothing to address Iroha’s family situation. Just nothing. It is all just kind of blah.
Full series review coming soon.
- Episode 11: Reality Is Not A Rom-Com
- Episode 10: Is Confessing To One Girl While Rejecting Another Considered To Be In Poor Taste?
- Episode 9: We Can’t Reconcile Yet, There Are Too Many Episodes To Go
- Episode 8: Writers, Please Understand No One Mistakes First Aid For Romance
- Episode 7: The Ants Go Marching Two By Two
- Episodes 5 + 6: The Miscommunication Ploy
- Episode 4: Dark Times
- Episode 3: The Outsider’s Perspective
- Episode 2: Equal Parts Like and Hate
- 3D Kanojo: Real Girl First Impressions
Thanks for reading.
Consider supporting the blog by: