I wonder if the fact that everyone now knows about yokai will remain a thing or if people will go back to their ordinary lives after this episode?
After setting up a fairly large scale fight between the Tanuki and everyone at the end of the previous episode, episode 12 of GeGeGe no Kitaro delivers a conclusion worthy of a to be continued. The first half of the episode is suitably bleak in painting a picture of life for humans under Tanuki rule and then the troops begin rallying in order to mount a rescue for Kitaro and finding a way to beat the Tanuki back.
It is Mana who steps up big time in this episode and it costs her a lot already having to endure being cursed during the episode, but there are some definite ongoing ramifications for having drawn some unwanted yokai attention through her actions this episode. It will be interesting to see how that develops in future episodes. Meanwhile, it continues to cement her as a pretty solid character in this series.
- Episode 11: An Exciting Cliff-Hanger; Just Don’t Watch The Next Episode Preview
- Episode 10: School Mysteries
- Episode 9: A Fairly Dry Episode
- Episode 8: Haunted Mirrors and Tombstones = Fun
- Episode 7: Ghosts on a Train, Classic.
- Episode 6: It’s Sad When There’s No Villain
- Episode 5: Rat Man Really Doesn’t Learn
- Episode 4: A More Traditional Walk Through A Forest
- Episode 3: Aww, He Can Make Human Friends Too.
- Episode 2: Monster Friends Defeat Monster of the Week
- GeGeGe No Kitaro First Impressions
Thanks for reading.
Consider supporting the blog by: