Despite the rain clearing this episode, it feels like things have never been more cloudy as Tada and Teresa enjoy their ‘date’ before Tada gets quite a shock at the end of the episode.
Tada Doesn’t Fall in Love continues to impress with its fairly reasonable handling of the central two characters. They both respond in most situations like fairly normal humans without the extreme anime tropes that so many characters might fall into. Certainly Teresa is similar to many a perky heroine in a love story, but she manages to keep her ebullient nature within the realm of reality, while Tada’s stoicism also feels convincing and is a nice counterpoint.
The date makes for a perfect pivot point for this narrative and while there is nothing new or surprising in store for us, this is a narrative crafted in the full knowledge that it isn’t trying to break new ground, just trying to tell its story well. The end result is fairly satisfying this week and continues to build on the strengths of the series so far even as we turn toward the end.
- Episode 9: It Isn’t Not Like That
- Episode 8: Love Under the Stars
- Episode 7: Capturing the Human Element
- Episode 6: No Surprises But Still Cute
- Episode 5: This Seems Anti-Climatic
- Episode 4: It’s The Clark Kent Disguise
- Episode 3: So Cute in The Coffee Shop
- Episode 2: A Shocking Development – Teresa Joins a Club
- Tada Doesn’t Fall in Love First Impressions
Thanks for reading.
Consider supporting the blog by: