The three factions meet with a bang and then for some reason have a sit down and chat and decide something that could have been decided about 15 episodes ago. Oh well. I guess now we’ll face the ‘true’ enemy.
There’s something utterly ridiculous about how seriously the characters in this anime take their own plot. Given how illogical it is, they spend a good three minutes having Marrine give excuse after excuse as to why she can’t just marry Alexis and actually be happy. Seriously. He loves you. He makes pretty roses for you out of non-plant materials. Just marry the guy already. If your goal was to keep him out of the war that has already failed spectacularly.
The upshot of all of this is that they are going to turn their crests over to Theo leaving everything on his shoulders. Because nothing says saviour of the world like nobody from the sticks who has a cute mage companion by his side. I’m feeling this is the final death flag for either Theo or Siluca (or both) and we’ve past the point of no return. Particularly with Siluca stating that afterward they can turn the crests back over to Alexis and settle down together. It just gives us a clear feeling that there isn’t going to be an after for these two. But everyone else is probably going to get a happily ever after, unless the Mages’ bloodbath gets too extreme.
Anyway, no real change in terms of quality. The usual hilarious moments of animation failure occur during the battle and the characters are all following some core honour code that hasn’t been adequately explained to make their actions logical. Meanwhile, we can cut down any of the no-name extras without batting an eye and that’s apparently fine.
- Episode 19: Alexis the Artist
- Episode 18: That Was Almost Playing Dirty
- Episode 17: Decisive Victory
- Episode 16: Doesn’t This All Feel Too Easy?
- Episode 15: Right, So Now Theo Has To Kill Milza and Become King?
- Episode 14: If Theo Accomplished His Goal Does That Mean We’re Done?
- Episode 13: Enter and Exit New Character That I Guess We Were Supposed To Care About
- Episode 12: This May Have Found Some Direction, At Last
- Episode 11: Does This Mean Theo Will Get Some Actual Screen Time?
- Episode 10: And We’re Back To The Cliff-Notes Version of Epic Battles
- Episode 9: Has This Show Turned A Corner, Or Are They Just Hoping This Will Keep Viewers Into The Spring Season?
- Episode 8: People Show A Startling Lack of Reason Of Good Judgement
- Episode 7: Loyalty Is Quite Cheap In This Show
- Episode 6: A Dance and A Battle
- Episode 5: Did You Know There Were Vampires? I Sure Didn’t
- Episode 4: Finally
- Episode 3: Do You Suppose We’ll Ever Know Everything A Crest Can Do?
- Episode 2: Some Nice Touches This Week
- Episode 1: She’s Going To Help Him Achieve His Dream Provided She Doesn’t Kill Him First
Thanks for reading.
Consider supporting the blog by: