Finally, this adorableness has come to an end and while I’ll leave the question of whether there was ever any substance other than the power of cute kids in the anime to the full series review, episode 12 kind of had a good crack at reminding us about some of the solids this series has offered us. Specifically, the focus turned back to Ryuuichi and Kotaro’s relationship and their dealing with their life without parents.
However, as much as this episode hit many of the right notes, a few things continued to undermine any attempt at serious drama. While there are certainly some reasonable issues raised, everything ends on such a saccharine note it is hard to take seriously. Or maybe that is just me and my general cynicism coming out.
Still, if you made it this far, this final episode is certainly worth watching and I’ll do a more in depth look at the series soon.
- Episode 11: Why Don’t They Have Relief Staff?
- Episode 10: Sexist Dads and Impressed Chicks?
- Episode 9: Yet Another Beach Episode For The Winter Anime Season
- Episode 8: There’s a Perfect Level of Stupidly Cute Achieved This Week
- Episode 7: It Absolutely Isn’t ‘Like’
- Episode 6: Go Kotaro, Go
- Episode 5: One Small Step
- Episode 4: It’s Moments Like These…
- Episode 3: This is Fluff, But I Don’t Dislike It
- Episodes 1 + 2: Boys in a Babysitting Club
Thanks for reading.
If you enjoyed this post and would like to see more great content on this blog, consider becoming a patron for as little as $1 a month.
Another way you can support the content here is by buying a copy of ‘Thoughts on Anime 2017‘ as an ebook. It contains a selection of reviews, features and top 5 lists from 2017 and while the content is available free on the site, this is a great way to give a one off show of support for the blog. It is available for $3.99.
Finally, you can use the affiliate link to shop at Play-Asia.com if you are interested in anime, soundtracks, figures or games. Should you use the link and make a purchase, I will receive a small percentage of the purchase price.