It is probably more my mood this week than anything else, but I really found myself watching the time as this episode wound its way along the usual path. Certainly they have now made it pretty obvious what they’ve been hinting at all season in regards to the hooded figure in the dream so even if you hadn’t confirmed your suspicions before, this episode makes sure you will go into the second half knowing where this is heading.
And it isn’t that anything is bad about what the episode does or how it is presented. There are some pretty exciting moments during the fight at the end. But particularly during the earlier parts of the episode I really kept having to pull my eyes away from the counter because it just felt like things were dragging along.
Once again though, if the magic of Cardcaptor’s has been working for you, this episode will deliver in the second half with a hail storm engulfing the school and Syaoran teaming up with Sakura to capture the card in a nice throw back to the original, while also giving us another glimpse of Syaoran’s development with his magic. That was kind of cool.
- Episode 11: And The Penguin Is Upside Down, Again
- Episode 10: A Slightly More Relaxed Episode
- Episode 9: It’s Like The Same But Different
- Episode 8: Who Doesn’t Love Books?
- Episode 7: Some Magical Fun
- Episode 6: Not Exactly Thrilling
- Episode 5: Flower Viewing and Capturing a Card
- Episode 4: Was Anyone Surprised By That Ending?
- Episode 3: Did We Want To See Some Magic In Our Magical Girl Show?
- Episode 2: Tomoyo Knows What’s Important
- Episode 1: Sakura is Still Magical
Thanks for reading.
If you enjoyed this post and would like to see more great content on this blog, consider becoming a patron for as little as $1 a month.
Another way you can support the content here is by buying a copy of ‘Thoughts on Anime 2017‘ as an ebook. It contains a selection of reviews, features and top 5 lists from 2017 and while the content is available free on the site, this is a great way to give a one off show of support for the blog. It is available for $3.99.
Finally, you can use the affiliate link to shop at Play-Asia.com if you are interested in anime, soundtracks, figures or games. Should you use the link and make a purchase, I will receive a small percentage of the purchase price.