I’d like to thank Weeabootaku for nominating me for this award (a fair while ago now but I’m only just getting around to it, sorry).
- Share the link of the blogger who has shown love to you by nominating you
- Answer the questions
- In the spirit of sharing love and solidarity with our blogging family, nominate 8-13 people for the same award
- Ask them three questions
01. What anime character do you most relate to and why?
This changes on any given day but mostly I would answer Ririchiyo from Inu x Boku. Socially awkward individual who overthinks everything and becomes paralysed in social situations kind of sums up my teen years perfectly. Fortunately, I grew out of the worst of these tendencies though I definitely still understand exactly where this character is coming from.
02. What fictional setting/universe would you most like to live in?
No Game No Life’s world (Disboard) would be pretty cool. I like games and the rules are really clear and there’s a definite purpose for being there. That said, the possibility of losing makes it not quite so appealing. Same with Aincrad in SAO (losing there would kind of suck). So, taking that on board, I’m going to have to go with Clarines (Zen’s Kingdom from Snow White with the Red Hair). Not the most exciting choice granted but it would be like living in a Disney movie with a perfect sunset every day.
03. If you could swap lives with one person, real or fictional, who would it be and why?
I’m not really big on the whole life swapping thing but I would probably have to pick Leeloo from The Fifth Element. She’s nearly unkillable (given the situations she manages to survive) and can memorize the entire history of the world in about 24 hours.
And because it took me so long to post this I was also nominated by D Talks Anime. Thanks for the nomination. D’s questions:
01. If there’s a zombie apocalypse, would you rather become a zombie during the first wave of infections or survive (to possibly be eaten by zombies)?
I don’t really think I’d get a choice on this one. I’d probably hide out in my house and hope that living in the middle of nowhere worked in my favour but in honesty my only survival strategy for zombies is to trip someone else and run for it. So no, I wouldn’t really like to become a zombie early on but depending on the nature of the outbreak who knows what would happen. I assume we are talking viral zombie apocalypse and not mass mind control.
02.Five anime you plan to watch?
Hunter X Hunter because it has been on my list forever. Fairy Tail because I don’t even remember how many episodes I was into it before I lost track and moved on but I loved it (I think I was at around episode 60). Drifters because everyone keeps telling me it is amazing. The second season of xxxHolic because until recently I didn’t know that was a thing. Lastly I’m putting a rewatch of Bleach here because I’m currently very slowly working my way through it with a friend (they only do like two episodes at a time and its usually a couple of weeks inbetween sessions – we’ll be watching it for the rest of our lives at this pace).
03. Your least favourite and favourite time of the day?
I’m a morning person (as in once I wake up, I’m awake), which kind of explains my hitting the internet at 4 and 5 most mornings. Essentially from when I wake up until my alarm actually goes off is my time to watch anime, read blog posts, write posts, and whatever else because I refuse to do work before my morning alarm so that’s my favourite part of the day.
My least favourite time of day is between 2 and 3 in the afternoon. Mostly because I wish I could take a nap then and my brain feels all sluggish. I get a second wind soon after but that hour would be the perfect time to take me out if I were in some sort of action film because it is definitely when my senses are at their weakest.
My Nominees (Sorry if you’ve been nominated before or you don’t like these, feel free to ignore.)
- Jon Spencer Reviews
- The Lily Garden
- Rory Muses
- In the Cubbyhole
- Lethargic Ramblings
- Just Something About Lyn
01. The modern world ended but you have a working TV and DVD player. What three DVD’s did you save and why? (Don’t question why you have a working TV, you just do.)
02. Name a story you would like to see adapted into an anime that hasn’t currently been done? (Novel, movie, play, legend, whatever)
03. Favourite opening line of any story ever and why?