Thanks for Elisabeth O’Neill for her nomination (ages ago) for this award. This is my second time responding to a nomination for this award and I want to thank everyone who has nominated me at some point.
- Post the award in the post.
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions they’ve written for you.
- Nominate 11 people (give or take) and give them 11 different questions to answer (Sorry but I’m going to let this one go this time).
01. What started you off writing? Not necessarily blogging, but being creative in writing down your thoughts.
I’ve always loved writing. Mostly fiction. This is the first year I’ve really focussed on writing reviews or anything other than fiction so it has been an interesting transition. What started this? I’ve just always loved words and written words are awesome. As they are described in ‘The Dark Crystal’ writing is ‘words that stay’ and that is something that I think is amazing.
02. Which anime is the most special to you? Doesn’t have to be a favourite, just one that has the most meaning for you.
Genuinely no idea on this one. It really depends on my mood and what is relevant in my life at any given moment as to which anime I would answer this with. Right now it would probably be My Little Monster because of the moment when Shizuku faces a question she can’t answer and for the first time she just tosses it aside. That fits some of my current real life situation where I have a few things I need to let go of because I’m just going around in circles and getting nowhere. But, next week it will probably be something else.
03. What are you most looking forward to right now?
For my blog, I’m looking forward to making it to May 2017 (1 year). Although I am also looking forward to catching up with a few people over the holiday period.
04. You can keep any fictional animal as a pet, as fantastical or normal as you’d like. Which would you choose?
I want a shoulder dragon. That’s all. Just a dragon that can sit snugly on my shoulder (like a small cat) and can blow fire at anyone who annoys me. I’d be a very, very happy person if I could have that.
05. Poof! Sparkle sparkle. You are now a magical girl (or boy, if that’s your preference) with a maximum of three powers at your disposal. What would they be?
impenetrable shield, ability to rewrite reality at will, and an endless supply of chocolate. Okay that third one was trite but after the first two I didn’t really need any other power.
06. You’re heading off on an adventure. Name your fictional weapon of choice.
Soul from Soul Eater. Someone to talk to and a weapon. Of course Hyourinmaru (Hitsugaya’s weapon from Bleach) would be an excellent second choice.
07. What’s the silliest thing that makes you laugh?
Horror. I have a really warped sense of humour and I find most horror movies hilarious which is why I enjoy them so much.
08. If you could be best friends with any fictional character, who would it be?
Right now, Shizuku Mizutani. But again, this answer will probably change next week.
09. Is there something you wish you could fix?
I’d really like to have either 20 or 30 hours in a day rather than 24. It would be so much easier to divide up tasks it we had a round number of hours in a day. And a ten day week. 7 is really not a good number when trying to figure out when things should happen. While we’re at it, let’s just make the year either 300 or 400 days and I know someone is going to tell me that will mess up the sesaons but most of us aren’t farming these days and as long as the calendar clearly indicates when the next season change will occur I don’t think it is going to cause too much of a problem.
10. Here are two lists of four nefarious anime characters, one for male characters, one for female. For your own personal harem, you can choose either:
- Light Yagami from Death Note
- Vegeta from Dragon Ball Z
- Lelouch Lamperouge from Code Geass – assuming he’d already used his Geass on me and I was now immune.
- and Hisoka from Hunter x Hunter
- Queen Beryl from Sailor Moon
- Yuno Gasai from Future Diary
- Ragyo Kiryuin from Kill la Kill
- and Caster from Fate/stay night
11. Now, for each character in the list you selected above, who would you:
a) date: Light
b) marry: Lelouch
c) ignore: Hisoka (haven’t watched Hunter x Hunter completely yet – or much at all)
d) throw off a cliff: Vegeta
As I said at the start, I’m not nominating anyone at this time because I’ve responded before and I’m pretty sure most people I’d be about to nominate have already been nominated. Still, I quite enjoy thinking through the questions.